Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ella Update

I think this is her "Superwoman" pose!

Ella is recovering very well from RSV. We are still doing 3 breathing treatments a day since she is still coughing, but her runny nose has cleared up and she is acting like she feels better. She actually handles the breathing treatments quite well, at least compared to Kyler! Kyler still screams when we have to give him his treatments, and he doesn't even have to use the nebulizer anymore.
It's so crazy how different life is with two little ones. I don't think I have ever been this busy, stressed out, or dirty! I am lucky to get in a shower and when I do Ella inevitably spits up on me right afterwards. I am having a difficult time finding something that keeps Ella happy for longer than about 10 minutes. The swing, bouncy seat, and bobby seat keep her entertained for about 10 minutes at a time and then she is screaming. The only thing that keeps her happy for long periods of time is being held. Well, with a little guy that is needing attention I just cannot hold her all the time. Sometimes she is just going to have to cry. That was a really hard realization for me to come to, but I just can't hold her constantly. She does seem to like her tummy time, and actually will sleep for several hours on her tummy, unfortuately, because of the risk of SIDS I feel that I need to be right there when she is sleeping on her tummy. Kyler seems to be adjusting well and understands that mommy can't get him juice or play with him if I am feeding Ella. What a big boy he is becoming! Here are a few pics of Ella in her bobby seat. I got these in right before she woke up and started screaming!

3 comments:

The Hooper Family said...

Was thinking about Ella today. Happy to hear that she is doing better! Been thinking of you guys!

Penny said...

I know why she cries in the bobby seat---it is not pink!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Ella is better and that Kyler is doing so well with all the changes!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara