Saturday, April 26, 2008

March for Babies

Baby Olivia getting ready for the walk.


Olivia's Aunt, Laura, made Giraffe streamers for everyone to carry.


This is how Kyler ended the day! He got to jump in the Elmo bouncer.

This morning we all headed to Sedgwick County Park to walk in the March of Dimes March for Babies. We were on the Olivia and Logan team. What a wonderful day for a walk! The weather was perfect and so many people showed up to support the families. It was great! I have been following Olivia and Logan's story from the very beginning. I met Ryan and Jodi about 7 years ago so their story has really touched my heart. It's one thing to just read about it on random blogs, it's a totally different thing when you actually know the family. Ryan and Jodi have been through so much, it was great to see them out and about with smiles on their faces.


The walk went quite well. We started out with our team, then Kyler saw the toys and away he went. After we got him back in the stroller there was no way we were going to catch our group so we just went at our own pace. About halfway through the walk Kyler decided he wasn't riding anymore so daddy had to carry Kyler on his shoulders. Ella was crying because she was hungry. I brought bottles for her but she wasn't having any of that. She wanted mommy, and well, I'm good, but I just didn't think I could walk and breastfeed at the same time. Ella finally fell asleep during the walk. It was an interesting walk!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

It was so nice to see you guys there today. I wish I could have visited with you a little more. Thank you for all of your support. It means a lot to us.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara