Saturday, May 31, 2008

5 Years Already




Today Daddy and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary. It seems crazy to think that we have been married for 5 years and have two kids. Cody and I actually met 8 years ago in college. It's actually kind of a funny story. Probably not one that I will tell my kids however! You see, Cody and I met at a bar. One of his friends picked me out of the crowd for him to go and hit on. I took one look at him and said, "Are you even old enough to be here?" (He's a little younger than me) Apparently that was a bit of a turn off for him and he didn't talk to me the rest of the summer. When school started up he started dating some chic on his dorm floor, apparently that was the kick in the butt that I needed, because suddenly he was what I wanted! A week later they broke up and we started dating. I won't say the past 8 years have been easy, but they have been wonderful. I am so very lucky to have married my best friend. Thank you Daddy for a wonderful 5 years of marriage. I look forward to many more years with you.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Anniversary and glad you're back from Arizona (I missed your blog updates.) Can you believe that we've been married for 5 years? Our anniversary is June 28th.

Becks said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful wedding pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a pretty, pretty bride----and a darned good looking groom, too!!

Love,

G'ma & G'pa

McMommy said...

Who is the prettiest bride??!! Oh, YOU are!! What wonderful pics! Happy Anniversary!

amanda said...

happy, happy anniversary friend :)

isn't it crazy how fast it really has gone?? i swear we were just stressing over wedding details!!

ps - love your "how we met story" - totally classic!!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara