Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Planting Flowers

Mommy and Kyler playing in the dirt.

Check out how big those gloves are!


See how I had to hand him the dirt?!


The finished product.

He was so proud of himself he just carried it around for the longest time.

Thank you for all of your hard work and help K.

At school I received some really pretty flowers as gifts from some of my students so tonight Kyler and I ran to Lowe's to get some flower pots. Of course, I couldn't just buy the flower pots. I ended up buying some more flowers to plant and I let Kyler pick out a flower and a pot to plant. Of course we had to have gloves also because Kyler hates to be dirty (I know, I know, I've ruined the child- blah, blah, blah), anyway, he really wanted the purple Dora gloves but I talked him into some "manly" farm animal gloves. When we got home Kyler was very eager to help me plant the flowers. The funny part was that his gloves were way to big so he couldn't get any dirt out of the bag so I had to scoop out the dirt and put it in his hand (with the glove on) and then he would dump it into the pot. It was a long process! After we finally got his flower planted he was sooooo proud of it. He just carried it around. I told him he could pick out a spot by the front door for it and Kyler decided that it needed to be placed on the middle of the front step. I guess if we put it there nobody will miss it!

5 comments:

McMommy said...

I think that is so funny that Kyler doesn't like to be dirty! Matty is similar in the sense that he doesn't like to be wet. Seriously, if his shirt gets even a little bit wet...he's off to go change! No wonder my laundry is sky high!

I think your pics are a perfect illustration of spring!!

L said...

Aw,so sweet. I've never had a green thumb, but both my boys are so excited to plant this weekend. Its nice to see them so proud of themselves and their work. Enjoy!

The Bouvier Bunch said...

We are planting flowers tomorrow. Connor doesn't like to get dirty either so it will be interesting to see how he does with dirt!!!
Very springy at your house!!!

Jen said...

Looks like a fun day! My son doesn't like to get his hands that dirty either. It is so "un-boy" of him. My daughter is a whole other story. Great pictures!

amanda said...

not sure where my comment went??

but i meant to say how very cute and i love the manly gloves :)

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara