Thursday, June 12, 2008

Adult ADD?

Do you think it is possible to develop ADD when you turn 30? Honestly, I have probably been this way for a while but it really hit me today.

Ella was getting fussy so I went to get her some Infants Ibuprofren in the closet. (I have all of our medicine and toiletries in little containers with that persons name on the outside.)


I opened up the closet.


Got into her container, noticed that it needed reorganizing, cleaned it out, threw some things

away.


Then decided that Kyler's needed cleaned out also, did that.


I might as well reorganize everyone's since I'm here.
Ewwww, I haven't done this shelf in awhile. I'll do that one too.


Decided that the towels needed refolding.


Remembered that Ella was crying, oh yeah, I was looking for ibuprofren.


Nope, none in there.


Maybe I should go to the store and get some.


Nah, I'll just give her some Tylenol and hope that helps.


It didn't. Still had to go to the store to get some. I just waited until Daddy got home!

I'm all smiles right now, but this tooth is really giving me fits!

9 comments:

Jodi said...

You and my friend, Kerry, need to get together as she thinks she has adult ADD as well. Me? Not so much. I think I'll just lay down and take a nap. I hope you guys escaped the tornado and the severe weather okay. I thought of you when they started talking about Derby.

Kristen said...

UM, yeah, I totally have the adult ADD. I joke that I am pretty sure that I live my life in fragments. Trying from one moment to the next to finish a thought, task, etc.

It is just so hard with kids. They suck out all our brain cells while prego, of that I am sure!

Great post, and hope that tooth comes in quick for you! :)

McMommy said...

YES,YES,YES!!! You totally just described me!!!

That is so funny. I like to think of myself as a multi-tasker...but really I think it's just ADD!

Happy POW!

Lisa said...

Found you on the POW
My mom truly honestly has adult ADD--I had an interesting childhood to say the least--so maybe or maybe just the hectic life of a busy mom :)

Rosemary Bogdan said...

If you think you have ADD now wait till you turn 50. Things can get really foggy. I am so distractable. Funny post

Christy said...

I think all mommies suffer from ADD. It is probably a result of lack of sleep, no free time, and too much multitasking.

beth said...

I think that is called Mom ADD. It sets in at birth.

And crying from that happy baby? I don't believe it :)

amanda said...

i just like to think that beans sucked my brains out. really while i was prego i used to joke with my class all the time about how the baby was sucking out my brains. i forgot everything. i lost everything. so unlike me.

but i guess it's the new me now. bc i truly can't remember anything!! glad i am not alone :)

ps - i missed you too!!

Mamasphere said...

I thought it was just Mommy Brain that had me acting like that. I get distracted so easily. At least yours resulted in getting something done!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara