Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Check Out This Post

Ummmm, Dad please divert your eyes. This post is so not for you. Thanks!



Ok, so you all know that I am currently breastfeeding Ella. You also know that I am loving every minute of it. I have to be honest though, the looks that I get when I am nursing her in public are a little irritating. I try to make sure that I don't have to do that. I pump before I leave and make sure I have a bottle to give her should I need to feed her, but honestly, she does not enjoy the bottle as well as she does mommy. Sometimes I just want to wear a sign that says, "If you don't want to hear her scream, let me do my job!" Or something maybe a little more creative, but you get the picture. While I was browsing (stalking) other blogs, I came across this post. This post cracked me up and totally said what I have wanted to say and do. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I absolutely cannot stand people who are offending by a breastfeeding mother. I was unable to breastfeed Olivia like I planned, but I commend you for doing so. The public should not discourage mothers from doing what is best for their child. Most everyone who breastfeeds tries to do it as discreetly as possible. If that offends someone. . .they need to just walk away or get over it.

Lewis Family said...

I don’t know why, as we are trying to nourish our child, we should feel embarrassed or ashamed. I opted out of using formula because I wanted the BEST for my child, not second best, and yet we are criticized for making that decision!!! I hated pumping, and for some reason it was hard for me. Why should I have to suffer, feel like a milk cow, so that I can appease everyone else by feeding my child by bottle in public. Our society is so brainwashed that it has made breasts a public, socially acceptable, sexual desire, rather than a body part used for a practical need. In my opinion we really need to REFOCUS!!!

Christy said...

Izzy will not nurse in public. He gets way too distracted. He despises bottles too. Needless to say, we don't go out much.

Kristen said...

Good Grief! You are feeding a 5 month old, not a 5 YEAR old. I can't believe people give you looks!

I think you just keep doing what you are doing, and maybe the "others" out there will see that what you are doing is NORMAL!!!

Hello, breastfeeding is NORMAL people! Even if it does take place outside of the walls of your home! NORMAL!!

McMommy said...

For heaven's sake...Ella is FIVE MONTHS OLD!!! What is wrong with people?!!

Jen said...

I breastfed my daughter everywhere in public when she was a baby. I just put a blanket up so as not to expose myself. It wasn't because I was worried about what other people were thinking of BFing in public, but I just didn't want to show anyone my boob. I say do whatever you are comfortable with and forget the looks.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara