Friday, June 20, 2008

Maybe we should stick to commenting...

Recently, I have been playing comment tag with a friend, Laura. She mentioned that maybe I should just pick up the phone and give her a call. Now there's an idea! Before I make phone calls I sort of like to run through how the phone conversation will go before I actually make the call. In my mind, the conversation would probably go a little something like this....

Me: Hi, Laura, it's Heather, how are you, Kyler get off the table, doing?

Laura: I'm good. What's that noise?

Me: Oh, that's Kyler screaming for a piece of candy. Kyler, no you can't have "just one piece" it's 8 in the morning.

Laura: Oh, is he ok? He sounds hurt?

Me: He's fine, Kyler quit riding your sister.

Laura: Maybe you should call during nap time.

Me: Nap time? What's that? Kyler, leave Belle alone.

Laura: Jeez, he sure is ornery.

Me: Yes, he is, would you like to have, Kyler stop trying to lick Ella, him.

Laura: Hell no. (ok so Laura probably wouldn't say "hell" but who knows, after this
conversation she might!

Me: He really is, Kyler quit jumping off the couch, a good little boy. I promise. He wouldn't be a problem, Ella are you ok, for you at all.

Laura: Ummmm, yeah, I think I had better let you go.

Me: It was really great, Kyler Michael knock it off, talking to you.

Me: Are you there? Hello? Hmmmm, I wonder why she hung up.

I think for now we had better stick to commenting:)
By the way, of course I meant it as a compliment. You make an excellent 2008 wife-I can't even imagine how great you would be in the 1930s!!

8 comments:

The Mom said...

Totally resemble this post/conversation!

LOL, don't call, email or post on my blog. That's the only way i'll respond-properly.

Anonymous said...

Heather, Your imaginary conversation with me was hilarious! By the way, thought I would share that althought I got a 101 on your quiz, Joel got a 148 on his husband quiz. With a husband like that it is a breeze to be a "very supiorior" wife!!! Well, I hear him setting the table for supper then we are off on our date. Better go. : )
Laura

Christy said...

Isn't that how all mommy's talk on the phone?

beth said...

Good to know that it is not just my kids that act up the moment the phone rings. And my daughter always, always goes for junk food first!

Kristen said...

That is totally how it is at my house!

Phones are just not options when the kids are awake. Unless you don't mind the CONSTANT parenting during the conversation. :)

Cute post, and glad to know I am not alone.

McMommy said...

email is 100x easier, isn't it??? That's why I always say "If you love me, don't call me!!!"

hee hee!!

Michelle said...

oh i know the feeling last time I was on the phone to a Mummy I got pain flung at me..it was dd's inner picasso..lol

Brittany said...

OMG I have had this exact conversation! Great blog!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara