Friday, June 27, 2008

Then and Now

Almost 9 months ago today (I'm a few days late-hey, don't judge, I have kids you know!) I had a 3D ultrasound taken of Ella. I did this with Kyler, however I did it on his due date. Why on his due date? Honestly, not a clue. Just never thought about doing it before then. Little did I know that he wouldn't arrive for another week. Ok, so I am getting sidetracked now. Back to what I was saying.

Almost 9 months ago today, Cody and I headed to Babywaves to have a 3D ultrasound done because I just couldn't wait any longer to see what this baby looked like. We had already had the regular 2D ultrasounds at the Dr's office and they told us she was a girl, but I wasn't 100% convinced, and if we were going to do this to her room, I wanted to be positive that she was a girl!



As I was looking back at the 3D ultrasound I am so glad that we did this. She really did look like her 3D ultrasound when she was born.
But boy, has she changed!

She's no longer my 6lb 13 oz newborn baby girl :(

She no longer likes to be swaddled when she sleeps.

She no longer has to take baths in the sink.

Nope, now she's a 17lb chunky 5 1/2 month old big girl!

Ella-please quit growing up so fast. Mommy can't handle it!

18 comments:

Shana from EVERYTHING EADS said...

You don't know me, but I recently found your blog and love it! I think we have a lot in common. I used to be a 2nd grade teacher, now a stay at home mom for 4 years. I am not sure hwo old your little boy is, but I have a 4 year old son and 9 month old CHUNKY girl! Trust me, you just THINK Ella is a chunk! Gotta love all those rolls though! Anyways, just wanted to stop by and say hi and I love your blog :)

Shannon said...

Awwwww, I love that picture of her in her swimsuit. I didn't have a cool ultrasound like that, it's really neat looking!!! Leah and Ella weigh the same . . . a couple of gals who like their milk :-)

Jenn said...

Great pics,love her room,she sure is cute!

Shana from EVERYTHING EADS said...

Olivia is almost 10 months old and weighs 26 pounds!!! Can you believe it??!! Jacob was s chunker too so I am used to big babies. Mine are just off the charts :) Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon :)

amanda said...

oh that last picture is just too sweet!! i just love chubby baby cheeks!!

Clare said...

Hi Heather, I found your blog from Cheaper Than Therapy. I love the 3D ultrasound pictures. We had those with Bradley, and they are just so amazing! Your daughters room is so cute.

Side note...I am also a former teacher now a stay at home mom. There are definitely days that teaching 26 6 year olds seemed easier than one crying newborn...crazy! XO, Clare

Christy said...

It is insane how quickly they change! Newborns are okay, but personally I prefer the 5 month old.

The Hooper Family said...

Isn't it fun to go back and see how your kids have changed? Lucy and I have been spending lots of time looking at her baby pics and the change just amazes me!

Scrappy Girl said...

Found you blog surfing. Love the sweet pics. Love your blog. That 3D ultrasound is so neat!

Kristen said...

That is so sweet!

And I had no idea that the 3 D ultrasounds were that good!

Very cute, and hey love on that chub while you can. Pretty soon it all goes away. :(

McMommy said...

Oh Heather....what a sentimental post!!!

Are you trying to make me think about having a daughter???

Because seeing all those cute ultrasound pics and the adorable nursery and cutie Ella are making me THINK about it!!! :)

Formercitygirl said...

Here by way of POW. I have an 18 lb six month old gorgeous baby girl that melts my heart. Chubby babies are so adorable, the cheeks, the roly poly legs. . . You just want to eat them up.

Farm Fresh Jessica said...

OH but she's chunky in all the right places. Sweet.

Love her room!

thetoepfertimes said...

Love Ella's suit! She's still much bigger than my 7 month olds! But my skinny girls are cute too! Hope you are all well...Long time no talk.

Tracey said...

Oy. They DO grow up fast. Those chubs are SO cute! And her room is beautiful. Good job.

Doodlebug said...

Aww....I know what you mean. They are born and the next day you wake up and they are in school! Ella is so precious. And how cool is that ultrasound!

Jen said...

Wow!! Those ultrasound pics are amazing. I wish they had those when I was pregnant.

Becks said...

Awe so sweet! I love the 3d ultra sounds!! I know what you mean...they grow too fast. I am not ready for it. I want them to stay little tiny babies forever.

Ella is way too cute in that bikini! AND I LOVE HER ROOM!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara