Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yesterday Sucked

How else can I say it. It just totally sucked.



My day started at 4:30AM with Ella screaming. As I was feeding her Kyler woke up because he wet the bed (long story-and yes he still wears diapers), Daddy hadn't left yet for the airport so he changed Kyler's bed while I fed Ella.



Everyone went back to sleep until 8AM. I thought to myself.... this is going to be a good day. Everyone will be well rested. And they were, until Kyler REFUSED to take a nap.



Kyler tends to fight nap time and I usually have to put him back in bed a few times, but he eventually gives in. I have considered the possibility that maybe, just maybe, he is outgrowing nap time. But, when he finally does give in he usually sleeps for 3 hours so I don't think that's it. I think it's more of a control issue for him. After fighting with him for an hour and a half I gave in. I let him play in the living room.

I should also tell you that I NEED nap time. This is my time away from kids. I can clean (blog), do laundry (blog), and catch up on my shows from last night that I had to Tivo (ok I usually blog while I am doing that). Since Kyler didn't nap, I didn't have time to do ANY of that. I was pretty grouchy to say the least.



When Ella woke up a couple of hours later she felt a little warm. I took her temp. It was 100.3. That freaked me out a bit. My kids don't usually run temps.



She also won't nurse very well. She'll nurse for 5 minutes then stop and scream. Very unusual for my little piglet. (She weighed 17lbs 4 oz at the Dr)



I called to get an appt. They could get us in if we came right now. Ummm, ok.



Now I am not one of those mommies that can't leave the house without makeup on or her hair done. I'm ok with a ponytail and no makeup. However, I usually try to make sure my clothes are at least clean and match (somewhat). But, since this was a little short notice I didn't even pay attention to what I was wearing. Until I got to the Dr's office that is. You see, I was wearing pants with holes in them and pee on them (not my pee I might add), a red shirt with spit up and milk all over it, and green sandals. I probably looked like a very messy Christmas tree. Not a pretty picture. Needless to say, I will not be having any secret admirers from that trip!



Our Ped is, of course, closed so we go to a different Dr (probably a good thing-my regular one probably wouldn't have recognized me!) He looked in her ears, felt her throat, did a strep test and the conclusion? She has fluid in her ears and swollen adenoids. She is currently on an antibiotic and is still quite cranky but she is nursing better. Hopefully, she will feel better soon.



Since yesterday sucked so bad, I figured today would be just as bad.



My day did start off a little earlier then I would have liked (4:30AM), however, as I was going through my reader, reading all of my favorite blogs, I found this.



That's right folks, the fabulous McMommy has give little ole' me that BFF award. I have seen these. I have ogled these. I have craved one of these. And today I got one!! I couldn't be happier. Thank you McMommy for making my day brighter. This couldn't have come at a better time.

10 comments:

Doodlebug said...

I am laughing, but not at you! I am laughing because I have had more of those days you described than I can count. I always tell people everything in my wardrobe comes with spit up, food stains, and/or some other bodily fluids, as standard accessories!

My 2-1/2 year old son had to end up having tubes in his ears from that continuous ear thing. Hopefully your little boo boo baby won't have to.

And finally, My son has not even begun potty training. I don't know if it's because HE isn't ready or because I'M not ready! LOL!

Feeling your pain! Great BFF award though! ;)

Jessica said...

I'm so glad the day ended on a good note.

I CANNOT live w/o quiet time!! Seriously. I think my first blog post ever is called No Nap makes Mama Cranky and I wasn't talking about my nap!

I'm so excited to see more of you & your REAL LIFE. Great blog!

Christy said...

Sorry you had such a crappy day. Congratulations on the award!

Kristen said...

Hope today is going much better for you!

And I hear you about the power struggle with the three year old to nap. And yes, my little battler still NEEDS a nap too! :)

Hang in there, and so glad to hear that you were given a little blog McMommy love!

Doodlebug said...

Hey! I emailed you a form. I just want to make sure you got it.

Lewis Family said...

Wow, two kids, not making me want to do it again any time soon. I hated not sleeping (which I didnt do for 6 months with Cade). I admire you!! And all I can say is, "and this too shall pass." You are doing a great job!!

beth said...

I know exactly what you mean about nap time. For awhile now both my kids napped at the same time after lunch. My four year old recently gave up her nap but I am not ready to give up my midday break. I NEED it.

The Walsh's said...

I just hate it when kids are sick...even if they aren't MY kids. Sure hope things get better in your neck of the woods.

Jenn said...

First time here, sorry you had a day about the same as mine! My little fella is 4 months and weighed 17 pounds so I guess both our babies are great little eaters. Hope you got some much needed rest today!

amanda said...

sorry for the sucky day friend :( wish i could have come on over with some fried cheese to make it all better!!

maybe next time??

and BIG congrats on your bbf!!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara