Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Almost Wordless Wednesday

Ella: Did you know that I love my mommy? In fact, I love her SO much that I want her to hold me ALL.THE.TIME! That's right, folks. I just love it when my mommy is holding me. She keeps saying that she has stuff to do, like sleep, but I don't believe her. What could possibly be better then cuddling with me?

Mommy: Just so you know, dear, nothing is better then cuddling with you. However, mommy does need some sleep so if you could maybe save the cuddling for the daytime that would be great. Um, thanks.


Kyler: Did you know that I love my mommy too? She really is the greatest. She let's me play in the dog water, throw rocks in the dog food, run around barefoot in the backyard, and ride on the doggies backs. What a sweet mama I have. Sometimes, though, I wish she had a little bit more patience with me. I am only 2 after all mommy. Look at this face, does this look like an ornery face. I mean come on here. I'm sweet and innocent. Right!?

Mommy: Oh, Kyler, sweet and innocent is so NOT your middle name my dear! Well, maybe sweet, innocent ,however, not so much! For the record, if I would have known that you were playing in the dog water, throwing rocks in the dog food, running barefoot in the backyard, and riding on the doggies backs, I would have stopped you. You really do have a knack for picking the best times to do stuff like that!

I will try to be more patient with you. Sometimes I forget that you are only 2. It's just that you act like such a big boy sometimes. Bear with me little man. I am working on the patience thing. It would probably help if your sister let me get just a touch more sleep though. Would you mind talking to her about that for me? Thanks Bud.

12 comments:

Shannon said...

oh my - look at those sweet faces. I could have written that too, my Thing 2 and Thing 3 are the exact same way, lol!!

Kristen said...

That is too funny!

They are such sweeties that certainly they aren't doing those things!

And yes, Ella let your mom sleep. It helps EVERYONE in the family to be happier. At least in our house it does! :)

Christy said...

Isn't it sweet when your baby wants to be in your arms all the time? Yet, at the same time, it can be the most annoying thing in the world.

And two year olds are just hard to manage.

amanda said...

oh ella and kyler - how sweet are you?

picture perfect almost wordless wednesday friend :)

Clare said...

Such a cute post...your little ones are adorable! I know that Kyler did not do that;) Try to get some sleep! XO, Clare

Lewis Family said...

You will sleep soon, and then you will miss cudling with your sweet baby girl because she will be too busy to bother with you. (Sniff, Sniff, Sigh, Sigh). Why are moments like that so fleeting? As for Kyler, boys will be boys?!?!?!

Formercitygirl said...

I could've written this post myself. Cuddling is good. But it is even better when you feel well rested.

Carol said...

What adorable kids!

Very funny post!

Jenn said...

Great post, they are so cute ! I hope your little one starts letting you get some sleep soon !

Mamasphere said...

I was a bit bedraggled at the time, but I miss the days when my daughter wanted to be held all the time. She's so heavy now, she makes my legs go numb when she sits in my lap! I'll take it, though, because it doesn't happen very often anymore.

Jenny said...

came to your blog from mcmommy...your little darlings are so cute! they always want to cuddle at night when they want you to rock them to sleep. sometimes it is hard not too.
happy pow!

Becks said...

Oh I love this little dialog! Too cute! They are both so precious and have really good typing skills for being so young! ;)

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara