Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lots of Randomness

I have received several awards lately but have not had the time or energy to post them.



I am VERY honored to receive these awards and I am pretty sure they understand why I haven't thanked them. I am thanking all of you right now. I appreciate your love!



I know I am supposed to hand these out to others, however I just don't have the energy right now. Look for an awards ceremy at a later date.






I received this beauty from Kristen at Loving Our Simple Life. I just love to read about Kristen and her little ones. They can always bring a smile to my face. Thank you for that:)





I received this thoughtful award from Clare over at Diapers to Designs. I just recently found Clare's little ole' blog and we bonded instantly. I just love her little man's smile and her energy. Oh, I wish I had half the energy she does!

This fun award is from Jenn over at I Hate Whine! She is a very busy mama with teenagers all the way down to a baby boy. I can't get enough of those cubby little cheeks!





Please be sure to check out their blogs. I love them and I am sure you will too!



******************


Since finding out about this whole cancer thing, a lot has been on my mind. Things that I have taken for granted are not taken for granted anymore. I appreciate my family so much more now.





I want to throw out a HUGE thank you to my husband. He seriously has been wonderful through all of this. I know I have been a huge pain in the ass so thank you honey for being at my beck and call.





Thank you to my parents for dropping everything and being down here just as soon as you could.





Thank you to my mother and father in law for taking care of the little ones yesterday and for always being here when we need you.







Julia, Rebekah, Ella, and Kyler checking each other out!



Rebekah holding Ella. Sorry that she is so darn heavy Rebekah!

Thank you to Joel, Laura, Julia, and Rebekah for stopping by to check on us. The sweet card made me cry and the cookies are all gone!

Thank you to Ryan, Jodi, and Olivia for the very sweet card. I'll take all the prayers that I can get!

Here's a funny little sidenote. Out of all the people that have shown me such support and love, my sister in law has not once called or emailed to say that she was thinking of us. Not once. In fact, our niece and nephew are having their birthday party this weekend and we aren't even invited. I have gone through so much lately that I am really trying to get over this pure hatred that I feel for her. In fact, I was over it. And trust me, she has done some pretty hurtful things to Cody, myself, and said some pretty hateful things about my kids, but I was over it. Then she does this. Am I being silly for being upset by this? I mean, if she acts like this, do I really want my children around this? She is married to Cody's brother, shouldn't he be saying something to her about this?


I know there are so many more people out there that I need to say thank you to for their wonderful support. I know that tons of you have put links and prayers on your blog. Thank you so much for that. The more prayers the better!

18 comments:

Mamasphere said...

Regarding your SIL- all you can do is remove yourself from toxic situations. And pray for God to soften her heart. Oh, and yes, your husband should be the one to handle the situation- it's his family. I'm so sorry that they can't even muster up an ounce of compassion in your situation.

moncherie said...

I want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and that you are a very strong woman and that you will fight through this. We all love you very much! If you need anything don't hesitate to call. :)

~Cherie~

The Hooper Family said...

I can't believe you are still having problems with your SIL. She needs to get over herself and at least show you some respect. She is not worth your time or energy right now (or ever) as you have many, many other people in your life that care about you!

And yes, Cody and his family should say something to her...or just exile her from all family functions!

Jenn said...

Try not to think about it, you have your life and kids and they are just fine without her in them! If the family knows how she is and they don't say anything on their own to her about it,don't bother asking them to because that will only cause a s**t load of other problems you would have to deal with and you really don't need that headache ,mostly right now! I have had you in my thoughts since you told us and will continue to think of you each day!

The Mom said...

Wow, i'm sorry about your SIL's behavior, that's awful. She'll be full of regret one day.

Lewis Family said...

I agree, remove all toxic people from you life. I have learned people like that are very sad and unhappy and just try and bring other people down. Move On!! You have to much other stuff to worry about.

Christy said...

Your SIL sounds awful. I am so sorry that she is not a source of support for you.

I am sending good vibes your way:)

McMommy said...

Don't waste your precious energy on her! Anytime you start to think about her...take that energy and go give your kids or hubby a kiss!! Now THAT's turning a negative into a positive! :)

Becks said...

I can't believe your sister in law!! That is so horrible! You have every right to feel the way you do. Your hubby should talk to his brother and be like "Yo what is up with your bitch wife?" Ooops did I just type that?? I hope things get better on that front. It is the last thing you need to be stressing over right now!!!

Becks said...

P.S. she is probably just jealous of your awesomness!

Kristen said...

So sorry about your sil who obviously has issues!!

Hang in there sweetie and surround yourself with those who are "normal" and love you. Take care of yourself now, and leave the toxic people to suffer alone.

We are all here, and we all love you!!

Does that count?

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

There is always someone in the bunch, right? I don't know anything about your past issues with your SIL, but she sounds like a selfish beeyatch who clearly only cares about herself. Your body has enough toxins to get rid of - she's the easiest one to let go of, IMMEDIATELY! And yes, if it would make you feel better for her to know how awful she's been, then I say let you wonderful husband handle it with his brother. You need only positive things in your life right now - kick her to the curb like you're going to kick that cancer's ass!

Adam & Andrew said...

Heather,
Hi, I linked to your blog from another's asking for prayers for you. I've had melanoma three times since I turned 22 and now am 29, one was Clark's level 4+. One on my eye lid, one on my forehead, and one on my chest. I had sentinel nodes biopsied in my neck and skin grafts to cover the excisions in my eye lid. It sounds like you are in really good hands. Hang in there and feel free to email me if you have any questions or need to vent. I see an oncologist at MD Anderson. Fortunately my lymph nodes were all clear so I didn't need further treatment and now just have regular checkups and x-rays. Sending prayers your way!
~Lindsey~

L said...

I just found your blog and sending up prayers for you! As for SIL, we always have to have one pain in the A$$ around. Just know your a better person that she will ever be. Take care!

Leigh Ann

Chelle said...

I am so sorry your sil is behaving like that. That is ridiculous.
Congrats on all the awards you have been given! You truly deserve ALL of them!

Clare said...

Heather, I am so sorry to hear about your SIL. I would think she would have a little more compassion than that...very low class if you ask me. Don't waste your energy on her, easier said than done. Just focus on your blessings, hubby, and kids. They are more important in this world. Let your husband handle that...but I'm sure right now he is just trying to focus on you. Thinking of you lots, Clare

Wendi said...

Congratulations on all the awards!
You are most deserving.

Sorry to hear about the SIL...that. bites.

My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family.

Jodi said...

I just found your blog and want you to know that you are in my prayers. Fight the good fight and NEVER,give up.
My father was very sick with Cancer, and we had some relatives act in similar ways. I can totally empathize with you and of course you have every right to feel hurt and angry. But, what I took away from the situation, is that you can't change or control other people, you can only change and control how you react to them.
Feel the anger and hurt, but then say a prayer for that person and let it go. Someone like that just has no place in your life right now.
Sending you lots of prayers and good wishes.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara