Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Baby Bro...

... is getting MARRIED!! I just can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday that he was 2 years old and my sister I were picking on him!

Adam is 6 years younger then me. We have always been close. We have always respected each other and when we were younger we rarely (if ever) fought. Some of that, I am sure had to do with the age difference. But I think even more had to do with the amount of love that I felt for my baby Brother.

He is a kind soul. He never has anything negative to say. About anyone. Even people that should have negative things said about them!!
When I found out that I had cancer I couldn't even call him. It was too difficult. I regret that he had to find out by email. I am sorry for that Adam. I just couldn't tell you. Just writing about telling him is bringing tears to my eyes! Sorry Bubba.

In order to celebrate their marriage, we had his fiance's bachelorette party this weekend. I am happy to report it was VERY calm. We had a few drinks, ate some pizza, and watched a movie. Yes, I said watched a movie. This is what Cherie chose and I was happy to oblige. It was actually nice to hang out with my family and just talk.
Congratulations Uncle Adam. You are marrying a very sweet young lady. I am a little upset about my little brother getting married though. What if you don't need me now that you have a wife? Please promise me that you will always need me, k?!

My sister, Jacki, my future sister in law, Cherie, and me.

Aunt Cherie, Ella, and Uncle Adam


PS My next post is my 200th post!

What ever should I blog about? I am thinking, since I skipped this on my 100th post, blogging about 100 things about me. What do you guys think? Does anyone really want to know 100 random things about me?

20 comments:

The Roaming Southerner said...

Defin. the 100 things post. We all want to know more about you!

Congrats on the baby brother getting married...I have a similar bond with my baby brother (he is 4 years younger and seems to have a similar personality!) So sweet that you two have that bond

amanda said...

agree with romaming southerner - share the 100!! we love learning random details all about you!!

and huge congrats to the lil bro :) just the thought of my lil brother getting married brings baby tears to my eyes!!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I did a ten lists of ten for my 1ooth--you could do a 10 of 20 ;)

Congrats to your bro.....I never had a brother but always wished I did. I see my older daughters with their younger brothers and I see the bond you described growing--I LOVE it!

Chelle said...

Aren't baby brothers amazing? Congrats to him and his bride to be!
I vote yes for 100 things about you!! I love reading random things about people :)

The Mom said...

Congrats to your brother...and happy 100th post!

Merrie said...

Your brother sounds wonderful. Congratulatiosn to him and his bride to be!

Wendi said...

Yay for little brothers, and weddings, and still needing us.
I would love to hear more random things about you.
Congratulations on your upcoming 200th post!
Geesh...I am just making it to 100!

Kelli said...

Go for it! Maybe even 200 things...now that would be impressive. haha!

Sounds like you guys had a nice girls' night. I agree it is a little weird when your younger siblings start marrying off...my brother and sister both got married within a month of each other. It was a little crazy around here to say the least! :)

Susan said...

Seeing as how you have a lot of new readers lately, I think 100 random things would be perfect!
I hope my son and daughter have the close relationship that you have with your brother..and his future wife.

Christy said...

You know, I have written almost 400 posts, and I have never celebrated any of the big numbers - like 100 or 200. Maybe I'll post 400 things about myself? Do you think that is too much?

Anyways, I would love to read 100 random things about you! Do it!

Midwest Mommy said...

Congrats to the bro!

First time here today...liking what I am reading :-)

Jenn said...

Ok, so I guess you are doing the 100 things...haha ! Congrats to your brother !

Lisa said...

My baby brother (who happens to be six years younger than me as well) is getting married next summer. It does seem like he's still such a baby.....but he really is a grown-up man now. Hard to let go, I know!

dee said...

I followed a link from my friend's page to find your site. I wanted you to know that I will be praying for you and I admire your strength! Lots of positive thoughts coming your way!

Heather said...

Heather,
I got to your blog through Lindsey Hooper's blog. I want you to know we are praying fot you and your family. I don't know you but from reading your blog and your story........you can kick cancers ass! The love and support you have seems amazing! Lots of prayers and thoghts are coming your way. GO HEATHER!!!!!!
From,
Heather Wathan

Leslie said...

Definitely a yes on the 100 things! And congrats to your baby brother on his upcoming marriage. I wish them well. They make a lovely couple!

Anonymous said...

OOOhhh i duno i think that it was waay too wild of a party...(*hint of sarcasm*) but I would not have had it any other way! Thanks so much to you and jacki for throwing it for me :)
I promise that I will share him with you :P and let you know if he wants to talk to his older sis! I will take good care of him the best I can, I promise :)
<3 your new sister
~Cherie~

Jenny said...

definitely share the 100 things! that will be interesting.
congrats on your little brother getting married, what an exciting time. it is wonderful that you are so close!

Kerry said...

I agree with you doing the 100 random things about you list. That way I can get some ideas for when I do it!

Congratulations to Adam and Cherie!

beth said...

I felt the same way about my baby brother getting married. :(

I am on to read your 100 things now. Apparently I have catching up to do...

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara