Friday, July 18, 2008

What A Day

Check below for new pics!!

This is me after they put the radioactive dye in. This machine follows the dye throughout my body.
This is mommy pre-surgery.



I am home from the Surgical Center.

Finally!


We started out at the Hospital where they injected a radioactive dye in the spot where they took the growth from. Those damn shots hurt like hell! I am pretty sure a few choice words were said.

After an hour of lying down and letting the dye travel we headed to the Surgical Center and we waited, and waited, and waited.

They finally took me back for surgery. And I cried. For some reason anesthesia totally freaks me out. In fact. they gave me an extra dose of anesthesia because I wouldn't fall asleep. I was very blessed to have some very sweet nurses that wiped my tears and a very sweet Dr that held my hand.

When they were trying to get me to go to sleep. The Dr was asking me if I liked the beach. I told him no. He asked what I did like. My response. The Mall! Apparently, even when I am going unconscious I still dream about shopping. Interesting!

After the surgery they went out and talked to my parents and husband. The Dr removed more skin from where the spot was on my calf. He also removed a couple lymph nodes from the groin. The one that the Dermatologist felt was a huge concern, the surgeon didn't feel was a concern. He said it has a cyst like material around it so it was probably from a previous infection that had not healed. The other lymph node that he removed is the one that he sent off for testing. This one was in the crease so therefore bending and walking are quite difficult right now. We should hear something towards the end of next week. If we hear earlier then the end of the week-it's not good. We actually want it to take a long time.

Since they had to give me some extra anesthesia it took quite awhile for me to come out of it. Apparently, I am quite the comedian when I am out of it. I guess I told my mom that she drank all of the Jack Daniels' (which we don't drink!) and that she also made my lotion all sticky. No idea where that came from. I have a feeling I will be made fun of this for quite awhile.

I also asked for several of my bloggy friends and for Aunt A. See, even unconscious I still love you guys:)

As for the green pee-yeah, it's pretty cool. I haven't figured out how to pump yet since I can't bend. If I figure that one out I'll post the pics!

Disclaimer: I am still a little out of it. If this doesn't make sense I apologize now. I will edit it tomorrow and probably change some things. Check back.

Check 0ut the green breastmilk and green pee. Apparently, the Dr said green not blue. Sorry-my bad!


21 comments:

Christy said...

You are such a trooper - blogging after surgery! I am interested to see that green breastmilk.

The Mom said...

Total trooper! Hang in there sweetie!

Lewis Family said...

Such good news the surgery went well!!! Keep it up!!

Shannon said...

I'm glad you are back and doing pretty well . . . sounds like you are in good spirits. I'm so glad you have your family to support you!

Jodi said...

I was so glad to hear that you were home and doing well. We thought about you all day. Don't worry. . .I've said some pretty crazy things coming out of anesthesia. Once, I sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow all the way home.

Get some rest. No more blogging for you. :)

beth said...

I am glad to hear that you are home and doing well.

Take care of yourself.

Wendy said...

Hi! I just came upon your blog and I am praying for you! Last year was the worst year of my life. My dad's appendix ruptured then I had my baby a month early. Two months later my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor, my house flooded, then my mom had to have both of her breasts removed due to cancer. Needless to say, my heart goes out to you completely. I am routing and praying for you to beat this so you can continue with the wonderful life God has given you.

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

A true blog addict, posting for us while still under the effects of anesthesia! I'm so glad to hear that things went well today - I will be crossing my fingers and toes that you don't get that call any time soon!

Oh, and they changed from blue dye to green? Green pee, eh? Too bad it's not St. Patty's Day!

Take care of yourself and know that we're all thinking about you!

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness girl, I had no idea they were doing the surgery TODAY! What happened to august. You went from August to Today?? Wow, I am impressed.

But seriously, so glad to hear that you are feeling well. That they have gotten a good handle on what is going on. And I will continue to pray for healing and news that comes "weeks" from now!

Hang in there girl, and seriously, you are a trooper!!

Chelle said...

Stay strong, Heather! We're all rooting you on and thinking of you, sweetie!

Tiffany said...

So glad to hear that the surgery went well - Anesthesia can really bring out the "true colors" - We nurses love to tell stories about things that kids say while "toasted" - I can only imagine with thirty more years of life and experiences what could surface!

Seriously, you are doing great. Keep your great attitude and just take it one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. You are amazing and you are strong!

Rachel said...

Wow-what a strong woman you are. I am new to your blog. I have enjoyed it already.

Tammy said...

I am so sorry you have to go through all of this..and still smiling..such a trooper! Hang in there! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting an update. Cody may have to take over the blogging responsibilities for a while to let you rest. Green? I thought it was going to be blue. Or is it blue and yellow make green? Anyway, glad you are home and I hope (since you tell us that is the good news) that it takes a long time to get the results!
Laura

Jenn said...

Glad to hear everything went ok. I must say green milk and pee,that's not something you see everyday! I was only put to sleep once after I had my second baby thing went wrong and I had to be put to sleep two hours after she was born, I was waking up and yelled at the nurse to answer that GD phone, she told me it was ringing and I called her my ex husband's name when I yelled at her! haha I guess I'm bossy all the time!

Grammy Staffy said...

Wendi told me about you Heather. I want you to know you are in my prayers.

Best of luck.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Hi I stopped over from Because Wendi Says So. I hope all goes well and that you are cancer free now.

Mamasphere said...

I love the pictures! I bet your the only blog that has pictures of green pee in a toilet.

Wendi said...

Nothing says "Blogger" like a photo opp. pre surgery and posting right after.
I. love. it.
Love the "green stuff" too.
Who knew?
Here is hoping for great results that come back in weeks.

McMommy said...

How did I miss this post? I think you documenting all this is a good thing. You are going to look back one day and say "Wow! Look what I went through! I am so tough."

I also like it because it makes us feel closer to you...like we are right there next to you cheering you on....which you know we are!

amanda said...

ahhhh!!

ok sorry i missed this earlier!!

green pee & boob juice!! oh my!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara