Monday, September 22, 2008

8 1/2 months





Dear Ella,
Today you turned 8 and a half months.

The last two months have been a bit of a whirlwind for your mommy.

I apologize for not spending as much time with you or not being able to breastfeed you any more. I am still sad about that.



You currently have 7 teeth with one more on the way. 4 on the top and 3 (almost 4) on the bottom.

You are taking a bottle from me better and you love mommy to feed you food.

I weighed you today and realized how much you love your food. You weighed 21 pounds! Holy smokes! Where has my little baby gone?

I figured with all that crawling and moving you are doing that you would not have gained so much weight.

I was wrong! You are a chunk! But a gorgeous chunk.

You are seriously one of the prettiest babies I have ever seen (so I am a little biased).

You have the most gorgeous blue eyes and prettiest brown, curly hair. I absolutely adore your hair. I love all the curls.

I love staring at you and watching you discover things.

You find wonderment in the smallest things. I need to take a little lesson from you.

Thank you Ella Grace for the last 8 and a half months. I love you more then any other little girl in the whole wide world.

11 comments:

andreawilliams said...

Happy Birthday!!

Shannon said...

Awwwww, what a cutie!!! She does look like such a big girl now! So many teeth - Leah only has 2 and is working on number 3 now. She is 8 months today :-) I think she weighs about 20 pounds, another "big chick"!! Ella is so lucky and blessed to have a wonderful mommy like you!

Christy said...

Such a sweet letter. Our babies are just growing up too darn fast. Izzy will be 10 months old in a few days! It is INSANE.

amanda said...

happy, happy bday sweet girl :)

ps - sweet letter mama!!

Jamie said...

I didn't realize Ella's middle name is Grace. Too funny...if Jaden would have been a girl his name would have been Ella Grace!!!

Jenn said...

She is doing a lot of stuff for that age !

thetoepfertimes said...

She sure is getting big! The girls will be 10 months this weekend and they're still 17 and 18lbs. Harleigh does like to climb on things like Ella though! Rogue is too busy going places to climb :) I love her curls too! It's good she likes her cup, and not so much the bottle. My girls love their bottles and just look at me funny when I give them cups! I guess they've been drinking out of bottles for quite a while since I couldn't(wouln't)nurse both of them at the same time, but I sure wish they'd get over it. What kind of cups do you like best?

Chelle said...

Happy 8 months sweet girl!

You look so cute in those pictures :)

Clare said...

such a great post!! I love little ella...she is the cutest baby:) She looks so sweet and happy in all of the photos!!! XOXO, Clare

Kristen said...

She does look like she is getting older.

And so tall too!

Still such a cutie pie! :)

Wendi said...

What a sweet post!

Happy 8 1/2 months Ella!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara