Sunday, October 19, 2008

Family Road Trip

Sorry it has been awhile since I last posted.

We decided to take a family road trip.
On Thursday we headed to a little town in Nebraska for some site seeing.
The drive was a bit long, but we were armed with DVDs, snacks, drinks, and games.
Kyler did fabulous.
Ella, not so much. Ella hates riding in a car. I can not wait until the day we can turn her car seat around. Seriously, can't wait!
When we arrived in the little town we were visiting we headed straight for a park. What a fabulous little park. There were other families there playing. Other families that were quite friendly I might add. The kids had a blast playing on the toys and I enjoyed getting out of the car! I seriously don't know how Cody does this every day. The traveling is awful. And he does this for a living! Yuck!
After the park we met some friends for dinner and then headed to our hotel. We were all in bed by 9PM.
Ella thought that was WAY to early however, and was up by 9:30 and stayed up. ALL.FREAKING.NIGHT! It was a very long night.
The next day we did some more site seeing and then headed home. Kyler slept the whole way.
That's not like Kyler. At all.
At first I didn't think much about it, I just figured he was tired from Ella being up all night. When we got home, he wanted to go to bed. Very odd. That was when I realized that he felt warm. I took his temperature and it was 101. Yikes. He got Tylenol pronto and went to bed with me so I could keep an eye on him.
At 11:30PM I took his temp again. It was 103.5. Double yikes. I gave him some Tylenol and we headed to the emergency room. His temp there was 101. After waiting for 2 hours I had them take his temp again, it was down to 100. When I asked if we would be seen soon, I was told they just didn't know. At this time it was 2Am. I had not slept much the night before, Kyler just wanted to go home, so we left.
I don't know if I made the right choice or not, but seriously, it was 2 AM and we were both tired.
He still isn't feeling all that great and his temperature keeps going up and down, but he is acting like he feels better.
I just hate it when my babies are sick:(
Kyler sliding down the slide.

Kyler and Mommy

Ella hanging out in the swing!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm glad you guys got out of town for a nice little trip, but I'm sorry she didn't sleep and then you ended up with a sick one on top of no sleep!

Shannon said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you had a sickie while you were away - that's not fun. And Ella not sleeping - you poor mama! I hope everyone is better and back to normal soon. Fevers are the worst, it's so hard to decide if they need to go the hospital or not - but always a safe decision to just take them in.

Christy said...

This is exactly why I am hesitant to go back to Kentucky for Christmas. I am so afraid that my babies are going to get sick.

I hope your little guy is feeling better soon.

Julie said...

You have absolutely adorable children :) Sorry one isn't feeling well :( I hate emergency rooms and waiting there feeling helpless....

Jen said...

Awww...that sounds like a rough trip. Sorry to hear your little one was so sick.

I had some good results with those cool strips in addition to Tylenol. Give those a try if the fever comes back.

Hope everyone feels better soon!

Formercitygirl said...

Sorry that Kyler was sick. Poor thing.
I know exactly what you mean, I can't wait to turn M.'s carseat around and I'm sure she can't either.

Jen :) said...

Sorry your trip wasn't what you hoped it would be. I'm sure it was nice to get out of the house for a while! Hunter was sick Friday and Saturday, but has been ok since. Sometimes he feels warm, but other than that, he's good again. I give him Tylenol Cold and it really works. The dr. said he probably had the 24 hr. bug that is going around...already. Oh joy! See you guys in a couple of weeks! :D

Chelle said...

It sounds like you had a fun little getaway! With the exception of Ella being a nite owl and Kyler sick...poor momma!

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Lisa said...

What a fun little trip - but having a sick kiddo? NO FUN! We have the junk at our house right now too & I'm so SICK of it - no pun intended!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara