Thursday, October 2, 2008

Feeling Good

Some of you have been emailing me asking how I am feeling. I wanted you all to know that I appreciate your thoughtfulness and your prayers.

Two weeks ago today they cut my dosage of Interferon in half. The Dr agreed with me that being nauseous all the time is not any way to live the next 11 months. Therefore, the dosage was chopped.


At first I felt no different. I was still nauseous, still tired, and still felt like crap.


It took about a week to start feeling better. I have not had to take any nausea medicine for a week. Other then the headaches (which I think are more of an allergy thing) I am actually feeling pretty good.


I have my appetite back, which may not be a good thing! I just have a hard time eating some things because they remind me of being at the cancer center. Hopefully, with time, that will go away.


I am able to sleep at night without Ambien, my husband is happy about that. Ambien does some crazy things to me!


And I don't really need to take naps anymore, even though I would like too!


Of course, there are days when I am better then others. But that happens even when you aren't on chemo drugs.


I am just glad to finally be feeling like a human again. It's been a long two months.


Huge thanks and hugs to all of you. I don't think I could make this long journey without my family, friends, and bloggy buds. You all rock!

Every week my mommy sends me a little surprise in the mail. Last week this was my surprise. I hope you know how much I appreciate my surprises. They make my week a little brighter. Thank you so much mom.

16 comments:

Shana said...

This is WONDERFUL news! So glad to hear you are feeling better! And what a sweet mom you have :)

Jenn said...

That is nice of her! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

QuirkyLoon said...

I am truly sorry to hear about your cancer.

Cancer beat me upside the head last year. One vicious round of chemo and radiation and a mastectomy later, I'm beating it for now, but I can totally relate to your chemo days. They suck.

Good luck and yes prayers are a wonderful wonderful thing!

Sending another one your way.

I love that t-shirt your Mom sent. LOL So true!

amanda said...

yay for feeling good :)

so happy to hear friend!!

and the shirts are awesome!

Chelle said...

Aw, sweetie, I am so glad you are feeling better!

That is really great news!!

Beth Anne said...

I'm very glad to hear you are feeling better. :)

I have a pug...named OTIS...isn't that funny? I'm sorry about your Otis. It's so hard losing one of your fur babies that way.

Have a great day!

Marsha (Heather's mom) said...

You have a really great mom. See you Saturday. Love ya!

Kristen said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

And those shirts are the best!!

We need a pic of your kids in their shirts. Adorable! :)

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

So glad you are feeling better. Love the shirts. :) What an awesome mom!

Formercitygirl said...

So glad you are feeling better. You deserve it. I haven't had much time for blogging/commenting lately, but still praying for you.

amanda said...

I love the shirts. I can't even begin to imagine LIVING with cancer. My mom was taken so fast that I don't feel like I ever joined the "cancer club". You have definitely joined it and are living it. I am really amazed how upbeat you sound in every post. One would never know the agony you are going through because you make it sound bearable.

Christy said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling a little better.

Becks said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! What a good feeling to feel good again!! :) Your mom is so sweet to send you those surprises. What would we do without our mommies!

cancersucks said...

Glad to hear the update. I still need my true love (ambien) every once in awhile. And Ativan, my second true love.....Zofran, my third. So sounds like you are getting stronger every day. Be well!

Mamasphere said...

I'm so so glad to hear this! Will cutting the dosage prolong the amount of time you need to be on it? Which would be fine, since it's not debilitating anymore!

Your mom is awesome. My mom lives with us, so no surprises in the mail, but she manages to get them to me in other ways. I love it. And it looks like your mom has the same great sense of humor that you do.

The Mrs. said...

Glad to hear your back on track to normal... although really when one is a SAHM what is normal!? : )

The tee shirt is hilarious!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara