Thursday, October 30, 2008

Grateful

Tonight, as I was reading Sally's latest post, she discussed how fragile life is.

These past three months have really made me realize how true that statement is.

Life is fragile. Live it. Love it. And make the most of it.

I feel like I really have. Especially lately.

I don't always have a lot of energy and I spend at least one night a week nauseous, but I am enjoying life right now. I am enjoying my kids and I am trying to make the most out of my life.

Sally mentioned this family in her post. After reading his mother's journal, I bawled.

This precious little angel was diagnosed on April 11 2008 with advanced stage IV lymphoblastic bcell lymphoma. He passed away last week. I can not imagine the pain that this mother is feeling. Michael was only 7 years old.

Reading his story made me realize that I am grateful. I am grateful that I am the one fighting this battle with cancer and not my children. Yes, it's been rough on me, but having to watch either of them go through this would just be to hard. I love them way to much.

So a big thank you to God. Thank you for making me fight this battle and not my children. I will beat it. I will watch them grow. I will live a long, long time. Because I have to and because I have two beautiful children to live for.

Thank you.

12 comments:

Sally said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying life in spite of all the pain you're going through.

Bumps in the road remind us to slow down and pay attention to what really matters...our families!

chris said...

You have a great perspective on life. Don't lose that!

Melissa said...

thank you! it's nice to be reminded to be grateful.

Wendy said...

To have a grateful heart will take you a very long way. I know just how you feel. Trials are tough but the outcome could always be worse!
THanks for sharing.

Chelle said...

(((hugs)))

I love this post. Thank you for sharing and I agree...we all need to be living life to the fullest. It can all change in an instant.

I admire you, Heather...your strength, your spirit, your generosity. YOU are a true role model for us all.

Jenn said...

That's right ! As awful as it may be, I can only imagine its way worse if it's your child.

Lewis Family said...

AMEN

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

I'm with ya on that one...I spend so much time thanking God for the blessings in my life...and yet, at times, I still don't feel like I thank Him enough.

Hope all was well while I was gone!! I missed ya!

Christy said...

Hearing about that little boy gave me cold chills. So sad.

Mamasphere said...

I would take on any pain for my child. ANY. What a truly thankful heart you have, even in the midst of what you're going through.

Auds at Barking Mad! said...

You really are an inspiration.

Coming out of lurkdom to say hello and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and to let you know I am in awe of your strength, your perspective on life and your attitude!

Molly said...

I found you through Nate's blog tonight. It's amazing how we can find others we have things in common with this way!

I started following their journey with Gwyneth in January because I had lost a baby last year.

Now, I too have cancer. What a strange club?!?

God has given me amazing peace and strenth through my journey, but it is ME. If it were one of my children, I know I would need to feel so much more control, even though it would really be impossible.

Thanks for the reminder to be grateful. It is SO TRUE, no matter what our circumstance.

Praying for you in Texas,
Molly

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara