Friday, October 10, 2008

The Love

When I first found out I was pregnant, with Kyler and with Ella, I knew that I would love them.

The amount of love I now feel for them surprises me sometimes, but I knew that they were being born into a very caring and loving home.

When I first found out that my little sister was pregnant, I was shocked. They had been married for quite a while and we weren't sure they wanted babies.

After I got over the shock, I was excited.

I was excited to plan her baby showers.

I was excited to give her all of our baby stuff.

I was excited to watch her grow.

I was excited to hug and kiss on that little baby.

I was excited to watch her love her baby just like I love mine.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend her baby showers because I was so sick. That still bothers me. A big sister is supposed to be there for her little sis. I couldn't be. I apologize for that little sis.

Something that I was not expecting to feel was the love that I feel for my nephew. I haven't seen him since Saturday and I miss him so much. I miss my little sister too.

Jacki and I have always been pretty close, but since getting pregnant that bond has grown. I am glad that I have been there/done that and I am able to offer her advice and help her as she begins this fun and exciting journey into parenthood.

I think she has already discovered that being a mommy is the best job in the world.

10 comments:

Jenn said...

Aww, that was really sweet!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What a sweet post! I am waiting for the day for my sisters to get married and have babies...it will be so much fun!

Sally said...

I feel the same way about my little sis, but she had her son before me (but the boys are only 5 months apart). It's an awesome bond to have with our sisters!

amanda said...

awww sister love.

my parents never gave me one.

you are very lucky friend!

Miranda said...

What an adorable little baby! Congratulations on your new baby nephew.

Clare said...

He is so cute!!! What a sweet post, I am sure she understands about the shower. But, i would feel the same way too!

Xo, Clare

Mamasphere said...

You are going to be such an important part of that little guy's life!

My sister doesn't want kids. Period. I totally support her in her decision, but sometimes I'm so sad that I won't get to be an Aunt.

Christy said...

Such a sweet post.

Carolyn said...

That is really sweet!! He sure is a cute baby!!!

Wendi said...

So sweet and what a handsome little fella!
You are doing great Aunt Heather!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara