Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My 300th Post!

In honor of my 300th post, my wonderful bloggy friends asked me some fabulous questions.

Here are the answers to your questions, thank you all for asking away.

For more (un)interesting facts about me, click here to read my 200th post.

Heather asks:
How did you and your hubby decide on the names of your children?
With Kyler our original baby name was stolen by a certain family member, so we had to go back to the drawing board. We had a list of 22 baby boy names. Cody went in one room and I went in another room and we wrote down our top 5 names. Kyler was the only name that we both had on the list so we figured that name was meant to be.

With Ella, we were actually going to name her Gabriella, but changed our minds at the last minute. We kept her name a secret!

Melissa asks:
When and how did you and you hubby meet?
Cody and I met in college, at a bar, late one night, when we were both quite intoxicated. Oh yes, a true love story:)

When did you get married?
May 31, 2003

When you get your clean bill of health and all this cancer business is behind you, what are you going to do to celebrate?
I really want to take the kids on a fun trip to Disney World (and this would give me a chance to meet McMommy too!)

Hope asks:
Name 10 things in your life that give you joy!
-Kyler
-Ella
-Cody
-Diet Pepsi
-Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
-Cable TV
-A good sale on baby clothes!
-Free food
-Clean cloth diapers
-Breastfeeding

Jacquie asks:
What is your favorite food?
I love Mexican food! And Sonic. Gotta love Sonic!

Were you able to eat it during chemo with all the nausea?
The first month of chemo I didn't eat much. One day Cody brought me a Subway sandwich and I haven't been able to look at Subway the same way since! It reminds me of that awful time when I pretty much lived at the Cancer Center.

Jeany asks:
Do you plan on expanding your family any more?
Depends on the day you ask me! Ella is quite the handful and she keeps me on my toes for now. Some days I think I want one more, other days I am happy with my two. Part of me thinks, here I have two perfect little children, why tempt fate. Especially after going through chemo. What if it affects the 3rd baby. I'm not sure that is something that I am willing to risk. I need to research the effects of Interferon more.

Christy asks:
What do you most enjoy about being a stay-at-home mom?
I love that I get to spend each and every day with my children. I get to see them grow and change and learn. I love that.

And on the flipside, what is the worst part of being a stay-at-home mom?
I have to deal with all the tantrums! And I have to cook all the meals!

Chelle asks:
What's your favorite movie of all time?
Sweet Home Alabama

How many cloth diapers to you have :)
A ton! I think around 40. I am currently cloth diapering both kids during the day so we had to have plenty. You know I enjoy cloth diapering-now if I could just convince more of you to take the plunge!

Do you have a crush on any actors?
Chad Michael Murray-he is just so cute and sweet on One Tree Hill

What's your favorite color?
Pink, pink and more pink! I love pink!

What's your least favorite color?
Orange-I look awful in orange.

What is one thing on your Christmas list?
One thing? I really would love to have a Canon SLR camera, but alas, it probably won't be happening this year. Stupid economy!

amanda asks:
What is your favorite Christmas gift ever?
We got engaged on Christmas in 2001, so I would have to say that my engagement ring is my favorite gift so far.

Lisa asks:
Any positives from your experience with cancer?
This is a hard question. It's hard to find positives from something that sucks so much! I do have to say that it has made me look at my life differently. I savor each and every moment with my kids. My love for them has grown and that is something I truly didn't think was possible.

Kerry asks:
Who was your favorite teacher and why?
I adored my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Fockele. Why? I'm not sure why I liked her so much, but I remember she did a reading contest and I won-that probably has something to do with it!

Jen asks:
If you won the lottery, what are three extravagant purchases you would make? (ie not giving money to family/friends/charity)
Bigger house
Bigger car
New Laptop for my husband

When you were a little girl, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Oddly enough, my 3rd grade teacher asked this right before Parent Teacher Conferences and I put housewife! Big aspirations, I know! As I got older, I knew that I was supposed to be a Special Education Teacher. Not many people can handle it, and if you can, then it's something you gotta go for!

On the same note, have your career aspirations changed?
Maybe. When the kids enter school I plan to go back to teaching, but for now I am truly enjoying my life as a stay at home mommy.

Is there anything you really want to accomplish in this lifetime (aside from being a great mom/wife)?
Seriously woman, you asked some tough questions!

My main goal is, of course, to be an excellent mommy and wife, but I also strive to be a good Christian, daughter, daughter in law, sister, and friend.

Oh, and to make a million dollars before I die. But seeing as how my job pays $0, I don't see that one happening!

Anonymous asks:
What is the best /favorite quality of your kids and hubby?
My fav quality of Kyler is the way he cares about others. He is one of the kindest souls I know.
My fav quality of Ella is the way that NOTHING scares her. She has a true go get 'em attitude. She will go far in life.
My fav quality of Cody's is his patience. He is wonderful with the children and with me.

What is the best gift you have ever given?
I bought Cody's wedding band around Christmas in 2oo2, however, he didn't get it until May 2003. Does that count as giving a gift? That's all I can think of!

Hopefully you made it this far! Thanks for reading.

12 comments:

Jen said...

I really do ask some hard questions. I must have been in a really serious mood that day. Sorry. But I'm glad I had the chance to learn all these fun new things about you.

Shoot me an email when you are ready to start planning your Disney trip!! :)

Chelle said...

I love all of your answers! Especially how you got engaged on Christmas....what a great gift!

amanda said...

wow - look at all the linky love and all your well thought out answers!!

happy 300 :)

Jenn said...

Great answers, I too keep the name a secret!

Melissa said...

awesome!!! I'm just lovin' these question and answer posts!!!

you got some great questions and gave some great answers. I learned so many new things about you!

Congrats on 300 posts!

Noob Mommy said...

I enjoyed reading your Q & A :) I'm also a former teacher, and am enjoying time to be home with the baby. I have a question... what is your easy go-to meal when you feel like being a lazy chef? I have tons of days where I just don't want to cook!

Clare said...

thanks for the fun post heather!! i love learning more about you and your cute family:)

Christy said...

Wow! People asked you a lot of questions! Very informative. I like you story about how you and your husband met. Getting drunk at a bar - so romantic:)

Kerry said...

Awesome 300th post! I've given you an award that I'm pretty sure you've already gotten, but too bad! You get it again!

Erin said...

Wow, what awesome answers! I loved to read all of them! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Shannon said...

Congrats - great questions and great answers!! Way to go for 300 posts :-)

Becks said...

That was fun reading about you! I love that on your 'things that bring you joy' are diet pepsi, reeses peanut butter cups and cable yeah! My kind of girl!! :)

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara