Thursday, November 13, 2008

Randomness

This week has been rough. Daddy is in St Louis for work, my parents are in St. Thomas for fun, and my in laws are in New Orleans for a wedding.

Under normal circumstances taking care of the kids for a week by myself is rough. Add chemo to that and I am wiped! Luckily, the kids have been pretty good and Kyler has been a good helper for mommy. I'm just so tired!

We are also dog sitting my in laws huge black lab. He's actually a pretty good dog. However, his internal alarm clock goes off at 5:30 AM! Mine does not!

My mother in law thinks I am a bit depressed. Interferon can cause depression. But honestly, I don't think it's depression. I think it's exhaustion!

Another side effect of Interferon is hair loss and weight loss. These are rare, however I have them both. My hair is falling out in handfuls. I am also losing weight like crazy. Not that I am complaining all that much about that, but I have no clothes that fit! And guess where the weight is leaving first-it's not my ass like I need it to-it's my boobs! That sucks!

I have currently gone down 3 sizes in pants. Which in turn means that I have to buy new pants or my ass hangs out. Oh wait, my ass hangs out of these darn low rise pants any way!

Ella is getting her 1 year molars. She is a little crabby. Good times.

Ella's cloth diapers are pissing me off. We have a High Efficiency washer and apparently that is not the best thing to use with cloth diapers. At first they had a stinky smell, after many, many washes I got the stink out. Now they are giving her a rash so apparently something that I used to get the stink out did not agree with Ella's little tushy. I really do like cloth diapering and I don't want to give it up, I just need to figure out what in the world is giving her a rash. All 30 of her diapers are currently in the wash on the sanitary cycle. Let's hope that does the trick!

Kyler had his 3 year well child appt yesterday and the Dr is concerned about his growth. He weighed 29 lbs which is in the 20 %ile and his height is 37 inches which is the 38%ile. I don't think they measured his height very accurately though. I measured him at home and he was 38 inches. I'm not going to stress about it to much. He eats. A little!

And, just because my kids take goofy pictures. Here are some funny pictures to brighten your day.




That's a good little tent.
Mama! Quit taking my picture.

That is so not funny Mommy!

17 comments:

amanda said...

the good news? it's almost friday!! you are almost done!! and then i think this weekend you deserve a lot of uninterrupted mommy time :)

hugs!

Melissa said...

sorry to hear about the hair loss!

I think I might have found the weight you lost! j/k! :) Yah, that is the one downside to losing weight; your clothes don't fit.

You have every reason to be tired, and you definately deserve a break once Daddy is back home!

Hang in there!

Patrice said...

Bummer!! :( I hope everything gets better! Hang in there, it's so worth it!

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry, I wish I could help you. I think about you often and want to give you a call, but I don't ever want to interrupt you. So sorry for the rough week. You are amazing!

Chelle said...

Oh, hon, sorry for the rough week...the rough everything :(

If you need someone to talk to, call me, k?

(((hugs)))

I agree with Amanda--I hope you get to have some quiet time this weekend to relax and rest--you definitely deserve it!

The Hooper Family said...

Don't stress about Kyler's growth...Lucy was just 31 lbs and shorter than Kyler at her 3 year appt. and doc didn't say anything...I think her percentiles were higher, but as I type I realize boy vs. girl.

Anyways, you have enough on your plate...remember I'm just up the road, call if you need a break or adult conversation!!!

Dana said...

I thought I was having a bad week! At least I have extra hands around.

I wish I could lose 3 pant sizes- but I'll keep working out for that...

I don't think I would worry about Kyler too much. Hunter is really skinny and was around the same weight at that age and he's fine.
(although he feels very solid when you pick him up, he doesn't weigh that much)

Hang in there friend.

Christy said...

Sorry to hear about everything. That sounds rough - even when you're not on chemo. Sorry friend.

McMommy said...

I think hair loss for a woman is really hard. I lost ALOT of my hair with my whole thyroid issue, and I used to cry at the sight of huge clumps coming out in the shower. I understand that feeling!
It sucks.

Thank you so much for the sweet card you sent me. It meant alot! My mom and I credit you with spurring us to go to the derm. So thank you so much for choosing to share your story with the blog world!!
You saved someone's life.

Jen :) said...

Hang in there Heather! Call me if you need anything! My grandma is right around the corner and she is MORE than willing to come over and help you with whatever! She is wonderful! Let me know if you need anything for Saturday. I can pick up whatever I need to...we'll be up there most of the day I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

My 3 and 10 month old only weighs 16 kgs - i think that's about 33lbs. No one is concerned about her weight. My 6 year old is only 7 lbs heavier - and is also underweight, but our pediatrician says there is nothing to worry about. He says - better too thin than too fat. It's hard to have it exact! Having a kid who is a little underweight is proof that the kid is fit and active (assuming he eats healthy food). Unfortunately we live in a horribly obese society where weight is an obsession and the normal weight charts have been increased to keep active kids in line with the fat kids! Check out the height weight chart for kids from 30 years ago!!!

Anonymous said...

Here is the link to what I mentioned earlier about the height growth charts being adjusted
http://www.kidsgrowth.com/resources/articledetail.cfm?id=687

Suzanne

Heather said...

Sorry you are so tired! Here's to a very fulfilled Mommy-time weekend!!!

I wouldn't worry AT ALL about Kyler's growing. Connor was the same way and by the time he went to his 4yr appt he had grown like crazy!!!

Love all the pics. Hope Ella is not crabby for too long!

((((Hugs))))

Lisa said...

it's been a rough week here too. I am so happy it's friday & we can finish this one!

Hope you get to feeling better with your chemo!

Shana said...

I was reading your post and holding Olivia. She kept saying "baby baby" the whole time and pointing to Ella. Too cute! Maybe one day they will be bloggy friends :) Hang in there...if you need me to fatten Kyler up, just send him my way. Olivia could teach him a thing or two! J/K....I wouldn't worry about it AT all! Kids are kids and sometimes they eat and sometimes they don't. I have had to tell myself that many many times with Jacob! Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!!!

Wendy said...

Bless you! I wish I could come over and help you. I have a few skinny stylish friends. I bet I could wrestle some skinny pants for ya!
I hope the weekend is a good one for you and you can rest some.

Becks said...

I feel u on the exhaustion front..for different reasons though! I am an insomniac these days put that together with Sophia still waking thru the night and i'm a walking zombie!! Wish i had the weight loss problem! I hope things get easier for you soon!! Still keeping u in my prayers!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara