Friday, November 7, 2008

Zoo Day Fun

If you look closely, there is a monkey on the other side of the glass. When I put Ella up on the ledge, the monkey came over and sat down beside her. It totally freaked her out!
Ella hanging out in the jungle!

Hi mommy! I love the zoo!


Mommy, what is Daddy doing at the zoo?:)

I love penguins! Can we take him home with us?


This penguin is almost as big as me!

These penguins rock Mama!


Last week, after my treatment, I decided to take the kids to the zoo. I didn't know if I would be able to handle it or not, but I knew I wanted to try.
One of my favorite things about being a mommy is being able to do things with my children. We don't have any family that is extremely close by and the family that is close, works, so it is usually just me. I don't have family members that live right down the street that can watch my kids when I need them too. Although that would be nice, I am usually on my own.

So I usually just suck it up and do it. You do what you gotta do, right?

So that is why when a beautiful day presented itself, I decided to take advantage of it. I would deal with the consequences later.

The weather was gorgeous.

The kids were well behaved.

The animals were out and about.

It was awesome.

Until later that day. Mommy was beat! I was exhausted. So exhausted that I was nauseous for two days.

Yes, I enjoy spending time with my beautiful children.
Yes, I enjoy doing things that make them happy.

However, I also need to remember that mommy can't over do it.

Thank you guys for a wonderful day at the zoo, however, I think next time we will have to make the zoo trip a bit shorter!

12 comments:

Chelle said...

I love the one with the monkey! So funny!

I'm glad you guys had a nice time...but sorry you didn't feel well afterwards :(

The Hooper Family said...

We love the zoo here too! I think Lucy could go everyday :)

Looks like the kids had a blast!

Jen said...

Those monkeys freak me out too, but at the same time they are my favorite exhibit.

You made some great memories with the kids. Now take it easy!!

Sarah said...

I am glad you got out and it sure looked like fun.

Jenn said...

I use to love taking my kids to the zoo, now they are old and don't want to go. I get to start all over again this summer taking the baby.

beth said...

I am glad you enjoyed the day- sometimes you just have to go for it!

Melissa said...

You amaze me girl!

Looks like you guys had fun though!

I wish our zoo wasn't 2 hours away, otherwise I'm sure we would go all the time.

amanda said...

looks like a great time!

now go put your feet up and relax!!

Erin said...

I love all the photos!! What a fun day with Kyler & Ella!

Shana said...

you're such a good mommy!!!

Wendi said...

So glad you had a great time at the zoo.
Sorry you came home and felt like poo.
When Kyler and Ella rest their head...
You need to join them and go to bed.
Hope tomorrow will be a better day.
Not sure why I am rhyming everything I say.

Kristen said...

What great pics, and it looks like you all had the best time!!

So sorry to hear that you were so worn out. Hoping that your treatments keep getting easier!

What wonderful memories you are making with your kids.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara