Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Christmas Spirit

It's beginning to look a little like Christmas at our house. I enjoy decorating for Christmas, however, I can't stand the clutter of Christmas. It drives me insane!

Even though our house is not totally decked out in the Christmas spirit, I thought I would show you a few pictures of what is happening at our house.

In the kitchen above the cabinets.
By the front door.

On the front door.


Our downstairs Christmas tree.

Our upstairs Christmas tree.

A couple of you have asked how Ella has done with the tree, and she has done fabulous. I put the little ones up about a week before the big one just to see how she would do and at first she went over, touched them, looked at me, looked at the trees and went and played with her toys. So far, so good!

9 comments:

amanda said...

as much as i love putting it all out and i do love it, i also love putting it all away!

so i totally understand :)

Tara said...

I understand where you are coming from with the clutter it brings. Finding spaces for seasonal things could be a full time job I think. I love what you have done with your cabinets on the top. Thanks for stopping by the blog and offerring me your advice. God knows the SAHM needs all the fashion advice available.

Chelle said...

I love your decorations, so pretty!

Melissa said...

so jealous of your trees! we still haven't set ours up because we don't have the room for it in this house. It's a HUGE 6 foot tall tree that fit just fine in our other house, but the rental is so darn small. We need to get a small tree, but are waiting for pay day.

Your decorations look lovely! How is Ella with the trees? Does she try to tear them down?

Christy said...

How as Ella been with the tree? I am convinced that Izzy would tear our tree down, so I am opting not to put up the tree this year.

Jodi said...

Looks beautiful. I'm so excited about tomorrow, although Edward obviously prefers brunettes over blondes! :)

Noob Mommy said...

Love the garland type things that are above your cabinets. So cute! It's so hard to find space in our condo for decorations. We don't even know where we'll put a tree this year seeing all of NB's things are everywhere.

Becks said...

I love the garland above the kitchen cabinets! Fabulous idea!! House looks great!

And..of course you can do a smarty pants for Ella's 11 month!! Can't wait to hear all about her!

Wendi said...

I love Christmas!
The smells, the decorations, the spirit of it all.
But the clutter drives me insane too.
And when Christmas is over, I enjoy seeing it all go back to the attic.
Love your Christmas decor.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara