Saturday, January 3, 2009

Less Than A Week

In less that one week my baby girl will turn one.

I am sort of freaking out. Although, she has been doing things that most one year olds do since about 9 months, it's the pure fact that she will be ONE!

My Little Miss Independent is aging right before my eyes. And I don't like it.

I want her to be my baby girl forever.

When Kyler turned one I was excited. I knew all the milestones that he was going to accomplish within that year and I was thrilled for him.

When he turned 2 I bawled! I mean bawled!

When he turned 3 I was excited again.

Does that mean at 4 I will cry? Probably!

I love my children more than anything in the world. The pure thought of them growing up and possibly not needing me anymore totally freaks me out.

I am pretty sure that Kyler will always need his mama. That's just how he is.

Ella on the other hand doesn't even seem to need me now! She is so independent.

Wish me luck on Thursday. My baby girl will be one.




11 comments:

Shana said...

So sorry momma!! I totally understand where you're coming from! Miss Ella is such a doll though and I LOVE the tutu!!!!

All these B's and Me! said...

I'm a ball of emotion when it comes to our children growing up. I feel the same way you do so your not alone. Good luck.

Jen said...

That's so weird. I always get emotional during the odd birthdays (5, 7 and the next one is 9--ugh!!). She is such a cutie! Don't worry...she'll always need you!

MOMMY-MOMO said...

awwww. i know what you mean. Its bitter sweet. My only baby will be two in may. Cant even think about it or i will cry! But like you said at 1 i was excited. growing up way to fast.

Melissa said...

aww, I'm sure that when Kingston turns one I will bawl too!

I was the same way as you. When Kendra turned one I was super excited! Now I dread the thought of Kingston getting a month older, let alone a year. He'll be nine months old on the tenth and I'm afraid I might cry.....

Good luck to you and Happy Birthday to the little lady.

Lindsay said...

oo they grow up so fast! Hug her tight and know that she will always need you :-)

Abby said...

She is such a sweet little thing. Good luck on Thursday. I cried everyday leading up to my little guy's first birthday, but then I handled the actual day a lot better than expected. It is so exciting to see them grow up, but it does make me sad too!

Nancy said...

Good Luck! I bawl every year on my kids birthdays. They just grow up way too fast!
Happy Birthday to you baby girl. :D

Lewis Family said...

She is SO cute!

Kristen said...

One? Already?? So soon??

Happy Birthday to your sweet sweet little one!

Happy New Year friend! Can't wait to keep reading along with your family! :)

Anonymous said...

Heather, she is absolutely beautiful, ah but this you know. Enjoy the day.

Marci Bell

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara