Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Creations Part 2

Here are some of my latest creations for Miss Ella. (Click here to check out My Creations Part 1)

I have found that sewing makes me happy. Picking out the fabric and the patterns totally relaxes me. And believe me, I need something that relaxes me!

When I make her "the next batch" I need to adjust the pattern just a bit so that they will fit her better. But, overall, I am quite pleased with how the dresses turned out. They aren't perfect, but I'm ok with that (and so is Ella!).

Huge thank you's to my wonderful husband for watching the little ones while I finished these dresses.

This dress is a little big on her right now, but hopefully it will fit when summer comes along. I also made another dress just like this for one of my friends little girls.
For this dress I adjusted the pattern so that it will (hopefully) fit Ella this summer. I just love this fabric.
I can't wait for summer! Ella is going to look so cute in this dress!

I love this pattern. The jumper is so adorable and it's easy! I love easy!

Can you tell I like bright colors? I don't know why, but I am just drawn to bright colors. I guess I will never misplace Ella Grace as long as she is in bright colors! And believe me, she is so quick it would be easy to misplace her!


I hope to make her some more outfits this week, using different patterns. My wonderful mommy is coming down tomorrow so hopefully she can help me with some of the patterns that I don't know how to do. I really want to make Ella a cute little red and white polka dot shorts outfit. I'll post pics when I get it done.

17 comments:

Christy said...

WOW! You are awesome.

Jodi said...

How cute are those? I have a sewing machine that I got a few years ago. I made a couple blankets and a pair of pajama pants (okay, I never finished the pajama pants) It's been so long that I've kinda forgotten how to use it. Maybe this summer we can get the kiddos together and you can teach me some tricks. I'd love to make Olivia some dresses!

Abby said...

Those are so cute! I am really impressed. I really want to learn how to sew!

Ellie Grace and Bennett said...

Those are adorable dresses! Do you have a certain pattern that you use (from a website or store). I made one that is similiar to your jumper dress, but I don't think it turned out nearly as cute as yours! I love to sew and I would love to be able to sew more dresses for my Ellie Grace. :)

Lindsay said...

sooo adorable!! I can't wait to see Ella in these cute dresses!

Valerie Williams said...

I have been reading your website for the past 6 months or so but have never commented (I know, shame on me!). Anyway, I just wanted to say these dresses are ADORABLE!! I would totally buy one! I know you are way busy with life but if you ever had time you should definitely start a store, these would sell fast! Great job!!

chris said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous. I hope I have a girl someday to wear those cute dresses.

Melissa said...

awesome job! they're so cute!

amanda said...

Wow! Those are awesome. I wish I had the patience to learn how to sew.

thetoepfertimes said...

I love the pattern with the tie shoulder straps! I haven't seen that one up here anywhere. I have also been making dreses for the girls. I did the math and even though it takes a little time, it's much cheaper to make them dresses than it is to buy them outfits even at wal-mart or target!And I like the alone time to relax also! They're great, keep us posted on the newest creations. I'm going to start on some capri sets after I finish their Easter dresses!

Grandma said...

Dear Heather,

Great! You are doing something you should be doing! What cute little dresses. I made some for Jill (years ago) like the little jumper with buttons on the shoulders.
The choices are good when you are in the sewing mood. There are alot of things you can sew if you like to do that. A friend of mine, Barbara Walden, makes table runners and sells them at a craft show. Aprons are a back in style, too. You can get hooked on that kind of thing---and what a better thing to get hooked on!!!

It is nice to have something to think about something other than washing, cleaning house, potty training, etc. (By the way, the potty training is on the way, sounds like, but there will always be unavoided accidents!! Just say, we will do better next time.!) It's not easy to get done, but believe me it's nice when it IS!!)

Thank you for the recipes---trying to get it all together.

Love you,

G'ma

Don Sailing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

sorry about the first comment... it looked kind of strange coming from Don. I forgot I am on his computer =)
Anyway, I would love to know where you got your patterns... I LOVE those dresses... and are they hard? I have a machine but I have only made one thing (a table cloth) and I would love to copy a couple of dresses for Izzy... Ella is going to be the best dressed girl around...
Shelley

Susan said...

These are soooo cute. I so wish I could do that!

Lisa said...

very impressed!!! great job!!!!

Nancy said...

You're so talented! I can't even sew on a button. :P

I nominated you for one of those tagging awards on my blog. :)

Dana said...

Those dresses are so cute! My neighbor gave me a similar pattern, one day I'll have enough time to try it out.

I have the same fabric as the 2nd picture, love it! Did you get it at Hobby Lobby?

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara