Monday, February 2, 2009

A Good Day

I don't know how many of you read the link on the side about how my cancer treatments are going (and if you read it religiously, I apologize for only updating every 1 or 2 weeks!) but last week I had to skip my shot on Saturday because we were heading to Wisconsin.

I really didn't want to skip it because now my last day of treatment will be August 8th instead of August 6th.

But, I was excited to see how I would feel on Monday. And I gotta say, I feel pretty good.

I'm tired, but this is a different kind of tired. It's a "Kyler woke me up at 6 AM" kind of tired. It's actually a nice kind of tired. Not that "I am so utterly tired I can barely function" kind of tired.

On the down side though, I actually have a bit of an appetite. The Interferon apparently takes away some of my desire to eat. No wonder I have lost 20 lbs! However, I would totally gain the weight back in a heartbeat, if it meant I could have the energy to play with my babies and just get stuff done!

If I could get away with it, I would probably skip tomorrow's shot too. It would be awesome to feel this good two days in a row!

9 comments:

Patrice said...

Glad you had a good day! Thanks for the updates! :)

Just The Girl said...

Oh I wish you could skip it :)

Christy said...

Enjoy it friend:)

amanda said...

yay for a good day...reminds me of that book by kevin henkes. it's one of our favorites :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather,

I'm glad you got to go to Wisconsin---need to get away once in a while. Not sure your reason was too nice. Missing the shot let you know how you could fee but they are a very necessary a very necessary thing. Think how nice it will be when August --- say the 11th (my b'day) will be!!!

Didn't it get cold? I'm tired of winter.

Did Ella get over her cold? Hope so---and hope Kyler didn't get it. Close contact helps this stuff to go around!

How is the sewing going? Do you need some patterns---or material??

Gotta go get G'pa's supper---

Love you all,

G'ma

The Snyders said...

Thanks for the comment! Fiona is much better.
I do follow your progress, glad you've keep it updated!
It must be nice to feel somewhat "normal" but think of how you will feel in September, especially when you know you've kicked cancer's behind! Just in time for the weather to start cooling down (you're in KS, Right? we are too)and you can really enjoy your energy!

Melissa said...

yay for a good day! I wish you could have those all the time!

Can't wait till you're done with all this cancer business! We'll have to throw you a virtual party! :o)

Wendy said...

Yay for the update and good news!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you had a good day, you've more than earned it! But I'm even more glad that you're right back to the kicking cancer's butt!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara