Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Less Than 6 Months

This weekend marked 6 months.

I have been getting chemo treatments for 6 months now.

But, do you know what else that means? That means that I have less than 6 months to go. I am OVER halfway done.

It's hard to believe that I have been doing this so long. I can't really say that it has gone quickly, because quit honestly, it hasn't. It feels like forever!

Probably the most difficult thing to deal with though is the fatigue. I am just so darn tired. The hardest part of my day is actually getting out of bed. Some days getting up and moving is just so hard.

But, you do what you have to do, right?

I have two beautiful babies that depend on me, so even when the only thing I want to do is sleep the day away, I get up and try my best to be a good mommy.

I am grateful that my babies are so young. I pray that they won't remember how tired I always am.

I pray that they remember that I played with them, cooked with them, colored with them, and loved them more than anything in this whole wide world.

16 comments:

Sally said...

Congrats on being more than halfway through!! Hang in there - you're doing great!

(how ya coming on that etsy store??) =)

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Congrats on your halfway point...I cannot even imagine how hard this is, but I know that you are strong and you will get past this! Keep up the great work and I know that your babies will remember you as being the wonderful mother that you are to them!

Clare said...

Oh Heather, my heart breaks that you are going through all of this!!! i wish i lived near by so that I could bring you dinners or come over and help out:)

Patrice said...

Yay! Congratulations on being more than halfway done... that's awesome!! I can't imagine how hard this is, but you are so strong it's amazing!

Chelle said...

Sweetie, I am so happy that you are halfway done. You have been so strong and an amazing momma through all of this.

You are an inspiration to us all!

PS--LOVE the dresses and outfits you've been making...they are so cute!

Lindsay said...

wooohoo halfway there!! You are one tough cookie! I am sure they wont remember.. but if they do it was for good reason you were tired. So that you will be nice and healthy for them!

Christy said...

Don't worry friend, your babies know that they are loved.

chris said...

What a nice milestone. You're doing great - both with the chemo and as a mommy!

Tricia Nugen said...

I'm so glad it's more than half way over! Congratulations!

Shana said...

You are an AWESOME mommy and your kiddos already know that!! Congrats on persevering! You are amazing!

Jen :) said...

YEAH FOR BEING HALF WAY THERE!!!! When you look back on this in 20 years with your kids, they are going to see that they have a very strong and wonderful mommy! They will see how lucky they were to have a mommy who would get out of bed to take care of them, play with them, bake with them, ect. You are going wonderful and you are such a great mommy! Don't EVER question that! Hang in there and let me know if you need anything!

Just The Girl said...

Yeah half way :)

You are so strong and the kids will remember that!

Melissa said...

and they will, Heather! This blog will help them to remember how much you really did love them and how much you sacrificed for them.

Yay for being more than halfway! I'm so happy for you!!!! :o)

amanda said...

whooo hooo half way!!!

pretty sure you should have a party :)

All these B's and Me! said...

I admire your strength and courage. Your a fantastic mother and you children will NEVER doubt that! Congrats on the half way mark - you are almost there.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

I am proud of you....always.

Oh...and I became a "follower"...hope that is alright.

Jamie

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara