Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Beautiful Quilt

I don't know if you guys remember way back when all this cancer crap first started, but McMommy got this brilliant idea to make me a comment quilt.

My readers and her readers left positive comments for me and she took them all and compiled them (with the help of her dear friend, Bridget) to make this fabulous quilt.

The quilt turned out awesome. Seriously, I love it. As I was reading all the comments I started tearing up. It's hard for me to remember back to the beginning. It was a really painful time. And even now, I just want it all to end. I want to be normal again. I want to feel normal again. But, as everyone has reminded me, I need to do this so that I can be around to see my beautiful children grow up. In my heart I know that is true, but damn it, I'm sick of it. I'm just sick of it all.

McMommy, this quilt could not have come at a better time. This week has been rough. I need this quilt to remind me that no matter how tough it gets I have all of you out there, cheering me on and supporting me. I need that. Everyone that is fighting the battle against cancer needs that.

So, huge Thank Yous to McMommy, Bridget, and all of you that left me loving comments. You guys are the best.


Isn't it gorgeous?!

15 comments:

McMommy said...

I am so happy you like it! I don't know if blog readers can tell, but those squares are JAM PACKED with all the comments that everyone left. So awesome!

We are still behind you, Heather, just as we were when all this began. xoxo

Ellie Grace and Bennett said...

That is awesome! I am pretty sure my comment is somewhere on there. Thank you for sending me the pattern numbers for the other sundresses. I atually tried to accomplish making a t-shirt dress...you know where you cut off the shirt and add a skirt to the bottom. I know you have been busy dress making...but, have you tried that or do you know where to find any How to's for that style?
Happy Friday,
Angie

Shana said...

The quilt turned out AWESOME! What an awesome treasure to have! We are still thinking of you. Hang in there!!!!

Phoenix's Mom said...

That is so amazing! What a great idea! Lots of Hugs!
Angela

Sally said...

It looks amazing!! How did they get the words on fabric?? I'm so stupid when it comes to sewing.

The Snyders said...

Wow, I wish I was folling your blog then to leave you a comment. But I can leave them for you now!!
Sorry to hear you are having a rough week, I hope you got to enjoy the weather! Think of how fast 5 months of your kids lives go, in five(ish) months you'll be done! Hang in there, you are doing a great job, you are VERY strong!

Amy said...

That is so awesome. What a thoughtful thing to do. You are doing a wonderful job at dealing with this and you should be proud of how strong you are and what an inspiration you are to everyone out here in bloggy land. I continue to pray for you and your family!!!

Lindsay said...

OOO its so beautiful! WTG McMommy!!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Aww..that McMommy is awesome!

I didn't read your blog back then but I would have loved to be part of it....hang in :)

amanda said...

it really is beautiful :)

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Oh Heather....that is so cool. And McMommy, if you are reading this, BRAVO my friend. I am so super impressed.

You are often in my thoughts Heather....I'm still so proud of you!!!

Jamie

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

This is so beautiful, and well worth the wait. I know it must be so painful to go back and relive the time that brought this amazing quilt to life, but it will also be a reminder (especially once you're completely in the free and clear) of how loved you are!

Anonymous said...

How nice---and pretty! Did they know pink was your favorite color.

You know now everyone is pulling for you---remember that---only a few more months! Yeah!!

Love,
G'ma

Hope said...

It's beautiful!

Beth said...

It is awesome!!! McMommy rocks and so do you!!! We are all hear praying for you!!!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara