Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Freakin' Out

A couple months ago I found a spot on my back. I didn't think to much about it. It looked like a bug bite. It itched like a bug bite. No big deal. I showed it to my oncologist at my last appt. and he felt it was a Sebaceous cyst and not a huge deal. I already had an appt with my dermatologist scheduled.

Then a week ago Sunday a different spot showed up. This one below my right shoulder and more of a lump. About the size of a pea (it has now doubled in size). Pissed me off, but I wasn't to worried. Then another lump showed up that night. This one on my chest. Now I'm just getting really pissed. What is causing this? Why are they multiplying? What the hell is going on? I had an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot. It did. So now we know they are either cysts or lymph nodes.

I went to the dermatologist today. He looked at the spots and said he wanted those off right away. He is actually coming in tomorrow after office hours to remove all three of the spots.

At first I wasn't all that worried, I don't really want more scars, but it's minor in comparsion. However, after thinking about it. What if these lumps are swollen lymph nodes? Swollen lymph nodes could mean more cancer. Needless to say, I am TOTALLY FREAKING OUT over here people.

My request to you guys, please pray. Pray that these lumps come back as something silly. That I am freaking out for no good reason. Pray people, pray hard. Thank you.

27 comments:

The Snyders said...

You will be in my prayers!! Don't freak out, that will only make it worse (I know, easy for me to say).

The Hooper Family said...

Praying for you!

Tricia Nugen said...

We'll say lots of prayers from our end at the Nugen's house. I'm going to hope it's just a lipoma or a fatty deposit. I'll be thinking about you. Let me know if you need anything. You know how to reach me.

Melissa said...

I'm praying for you!

Sorry that you have to go through all of this! I sure hope that you're freaking out for nothing.

Wendy said...

You are allowed to freak out! We will be praying. Love and Blessings your way. Looking forward to hearing a good report.

Shana said...

You got it. Praying for you!!

Chris said...

Praying for you and praying that it's nothing at all!

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

I'll pray that not only will God protect you during this time....but also give you the peace you need.

I know how much it completely SUCKS to be freaking out...I've been there and done that. I'm thinking of you...and praying.

Jamie

Sally said...

I'll be praying...we're here for you!!

Lillie's Playground said...

Praying that God will wrap his loving arms around you. Praying for a good report; I'll be thinking of you.

Patrice said...

Oh no! I'll definitely be praying! try not to freak out.. it will be ok!

Hope said...

I can tell you not to worry a billion times, but you will anyway. Anyone who's had cancer knows that feeling we get when another scare pops up. I'm thinking about you! ((Hugs))

Praying,
Hope

A Crafty Mom said...

(((HUGS)))) Heather - I'm so sorry. Lots of prayers for you, I really hope they are nothing!!

Lindsay said...

I am praying! I know it would be hard not to freak out but remember God is in control :-)

Jen said...

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and praying that this turns out to be nothing serious.

thetoepfertimes said...

Lots of prayers coming your way!

Erin said...

I'm so sorry to hear that...here's praying that you're freaking out for no good reason and all will be ok...

throwslikeagirl74 said...

So many things it could be. Hang in there. I know the hardest thing for a cancer patient to do is pretend that something weird is not more cancer. I'm right there with you. hugs. Sending no cancer vibes and prayers your way.

fortyb4forty said...

Praying for you.

The Mom Jen said...

Praying that it's nothing to worry about!!!

Christy said...

Thinking of you friend:)

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

You just can't catch a break! I really hope it turns out to be nothing. My thought will be with you, I hope you get answers soon.

amanda said...

deep breaths friend

sending lots of prayers...

Alicia said...

Let's just hope it's nothing and such a minor procedure. Still praying like crazy of course. Don't worry sweetie, just smile!

Clare said...

praying for you!!! i hope it is just nothing!!

Stacie said...

Praying for your peace and for something silly {your words ha} to be causing those spots.

Praying that it will be nothing to worry about.

Be Still and Know That I Am God.

misskri said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers ~ try not to worry too much (sorry..easier said than done).

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara