Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Bad Day

To All

Heather asked me (Cody) to put the following post up today.

Today, was not a very good day. Heather has been sick most of the day, fighting a little nausea and overall sickness. I remember one of the doctors saying that the chemo drugs will act a little slower than the interleukin-2 and there might be a couple day lag time of feeling better before those drugs kick in. Let's hope that is what is going on , and not that she caught some sickness from the kiddos upon returning home this week. With her weakened immune system either is possible, but let's hope it is the side effects. We hope and pray that tomorrow will be a better day.

The other message to pass along is that we have been blessed with good friends, family, and acquaintances. Many people have heard our story and done the simplest things for us and these simple things have an impact that is indescribable. The simple act of reading a "get well" or "thinking of you" has an overwhelming impact on our day to day lives. We have recieved numerous cards, gift cards, gift/travel packages, as well as gifts of evening meals and last night member of our church mowed our lawn. We are more than grateful and appreciative of these simple, but kind acts as they are more than uplifting. We have begun the process of writing the many thank you cards, and are falling a little bit behind. Please know that these cards will be coming, but it might take us a little time to catch up.

With Love and God Bless

Cody

12 comments:

Christy said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well Heather. Hang in there!

Phoenix's Mom said...

Thoughts, prayers, and hugs!
Angela

Jenn said...

Sorry, you are having a bad day . Hope you are feeling better soon, and as always I will be thinking of you and your family !

Lindsay said...

oo sad to hear it was a bad day today. I will be praying that it was just the side-effects and that Heather starts feeling better soon!

Me said...

Don't worry about thank you cards. Although really sweet, it will become way too much work and overbearing. You need to concentrate on each other and the kids.

If you feel it necessary to write a thank you...write a newsletter every few weeks to convey your thanks and send it to everyone. They will all understand.

Melissa said...

pass my love on to Heather! I'm sorry that she's not feeling well, and will be praying that it is just a side-effect of the drugs, and that it will pass quickly.

Hailey said...

Praying in NC

Anonymous said...

Cody....I'm a friend of Heather's from HS. My name is Tatum Eck. Is there anyway you could email me so I can ask you a question? My email it tatum.eck@hotmail.com. Thank you so much! Your family is always on my thoughts and prayers!! Hope to hear from you soon!

Tatum

Tracy said...

Hi Snyder, I think I have figured it out, Hope all are feeling better today. I loved your cute Thank You card, That was so nice and I just want you all to know we, we are glad that we can help. I pray you continue to feel better each day, so you can enjoy your sweet family. Call if we can do anymore to help. We are just an hour away. Much Love and Big Prayers, Aunt Tracy and Uncle Tom

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Sory to hear Heather is not feling well. I thinking of her :)

Ellie Grace and Bennett said...

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't say a prayer(or a dozen) for you. I hate that you are going through all of this...
However, I know that if there is anyone in this world that has the attitude to handle this...it's you Heather!
xoxo,
Ang

CFlover said...

Hey Im kellee and I just saw your blog through one of my followers and wanted to stop in say hi and introduce myself!

i am sorry you are not feeling well and hope that changes quickly!!
You guys will be in my prayers.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara