Friday, April 10, 2009

Home Again, Home Again

We finally made it home late Wednesday night. It is so nice to be home with my munchkins. Daddy and I have both loving the kids up. So much so, that Kyler actually asked me to STOP kissing him! Silly boy, that will never happen!

While we were in Houston I got all sorts of fun little gifts for the kids. They were both so excited to open all their gifts. It was fabulous seeing the looks on their faces as they took each item out of their bag.

Besides shopping, which is, of course, one of my favorite things to do, I also got to meet another one of my bloggy friends. Shana, Olivia, and Jacob were able to meet us at McDonald's for a quick lunch. I seriously love meeting all my bloggy friends in real life. Thanks for meeting us for lunch and I hope we can meet up again (since I will be there quite frequently!)

Here is the cancer fighting plan for next week:
We will be driving to Ponca City, OK where we will fly on a corporate jet to Houston. For free! I am stoked! We don't have to make the 10 1/2 hour drive! This wonderful program is through The Corporate Angel Network and we couldn't be more grateful for it!

On Monday I have labs in the morning, I will have a heart catheter placed, an appt with the Dr, and then will be admitted to the hospital for treatment. At this time our insurance has only approved treatment for 5 days instead of 7. For this first treatment, that may actually be ok. All these drugs have some pretty nasty side effects. A lot of patients can not handle the full dose. We will see. I am, quite honestly, willing to go to hell and back in order to get rid of this. I guess what worries me though is that I go through all of this and then it comes back anyway! Now that will really piss me off! But, what can I do? Nothing. I will just fight it with all my heart and soul and pray lots and lots that I am in the 13%.

Thank you to everyone who has offered to send us gift cards and bring us dinner. Your love and genorsity is overwhelming.

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad you are back home with your babies! I hope you have a nice weekend with your family, I'll be thinking of you !

Wendy said...

Glad you made it home safely. What a huge blessing about the free plane ride. I hope that many more financial blessings will come your way through this awful time. Still praying for your healing.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

I keep praying...and would love to send you a few goodies. Please e-mail me your address!

theblissfullyhappyhousewife@gmail.com

Thanks!
Jamie

Valerie Williams said...

Glad you made it back home safely! That's great that you won't have to make the long drive next time. You are in my thoughts & prayers daily!

Me said...

Thinking of you. I'm glad you're home with your babies.

markin1942 said...

Please let us know where we can send something.

Lindsay said...

oo so very glad you are home with the kids! Glad they loved their presents and kisses! I will be praying you are part of the 13% and that you have the least number of side effects as possible!

Jen said...

So glad you are home and enjoying your family. Just keep telling yourself that you will beat this. You will be in the 13%!!!

{{{Hugs}}} and prayers coming your way!!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

I'm so glad to hear you're home with your babies and loving on them as much as you can!

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

And how cool that you got to meet Shana - what a doll she is!

I hope you're planning on bringing all of us with you when you go back (on the quilt of course) - we are all there with you!

Chris said...

So glad to hear that your back home with your babies. Hope your week of treatment goes better than expected. Keeping you in my prayers.

amanda said...

thinking of you today friend...and every other day :)

thanks for letting us be apart of your weekend!

big hugs...

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara