Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Attempt

This is going to be my attempt at a post. Bear with me. At times it may not make sense, so I do apologize. Apparently, some of the drugs they have me on do some pretty crazy things to me. Luckily, Cody has been with me most of the time and has caught me before I did something too stupid. Although, I am pretty sure that I ordered a vacuum one night. For those of you that don't know me personally, I have a huge vacuum fetish, so me ordering a vacuum really isn't that odd. Ordering it at 4am is a little odd though!

I do believe the treatments have been working. I currently have 4 masses at random places in my body. The one mass that I can feel has certainly gotten smaller (can I get a Woot, Woot for that!). That is awesome! We already know that the Interferon never worked, I started out with those masses and the Interferon did nothing to stop them from growing.

Even though this treatment appears to be working, it comes with some nasty side effects. Vomiting, diarrhea, heat rash from head to toe, itching, restlessness, achenes, need I say more? I have currently had the pleasure of enduring all of them! Yipee!! The rash has been the worse. I have a bright red blistery type of rash pretty much from my calves to my shoulders. And it itches. Like hell! Benadryl knocks my ass out so I am waiting a little bit before I take it, otherwise I will be up at 4 am. And who know what type of infomercials will be on then!

I suppose the good thing about feeling so awful is that I haven't really been "able" to miss the kids because I have been so sick. However, the drugs were stopped at 9pm last night. I am officially "sober" and boy do I miss them. Ella gave me a baby doll to bring and Kyler gave me one of his Lightning McQueen pillowcases so I have been sleeping with those every single night. I did find out that they actually can come and visit so I think one of these times mom and dad are going to bring the kiddos out with them so that Cody and I can see them. That would make treatment so much better. It would make me stronger that's for sure.

The Plan:
We should be released from the hospital tomorrow. We are going to stay in the hotel on the MD Anderson campus tomorrow night and then fly out of Houston on the Corporate Angels Jet on Monday evening. We probably could have caught a flight out on Sunday, but we weren't sure when we would get dismissed and didn't want to end up missing the flight. So, better safe then sorry, right?

That's all for now. I do hope this post made sense. Please keep praying and keep us in your thoughts. I know I can do this. It's just a high price to pay to kick cancer's ass!!!

14 comments:

The Snyders said...

So glad your back, even though Cody did a GREAT job keeping up for you it means you must be doing well! I am so glad round 1 is done! I still have you in my prayers, safe travels.

Lindsay said...

oo its so great to "hear" from you! I am glad that you have some more energy and that the one mass is shrinking woohooo and praise God!

Lillie's Playground said...

So happy to hear from you, although your hubby did do a wonderful job. You can most certainly get a whoot, whoot from me; such great news!
Much love,
Shawn

Chris said...

Your post made perfect sense! Hope you have a safe trip back home. Good job to you for being so brave for your babies! Always praying for you.

SWOfem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda said...

high five for you attempt friend! sooo excited that the babies will get to come down and visit...how awesome will that be :)

can't wait till your home and showing off pics of your brand new vacuum!

safe travels!!

Christy said...

Thinking of you and your little family...

Wendy said...

So good to hear from you. How wonderful that the masses are already shrinking!!!

Tammy said...

Thinking of you!

Stay strong!:)

Heather said...

Your post sounds great, hoping you'll post some pics of your new vaccum! You are AMAZING and extremely strong and you WILL kick this cancer's ass!!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Hang in there Heather..you are doing awesome!

Erin said...

So great to hear from you! Been thinking alot about you and hoping that all the drugs are doing their job! Stay strong and fight fight fight!!!

Clare said...

sending you hugs and love you are so strong!!

Formercitygirl said...

That was a great attempt! So happy to hear that you are doing better.
You are still in my prayers.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara