Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shopping and Breathing

Today we were able to enjoy a little bit of shopping in the morning before we had to return to MD Anderson. I don't think Cody enjoyed it nearly as much as I did, but it was nice to get out and actually have the energy to shop!

In the afternoon I had a chest x ray and a Pulmonary Function Test done. The x ray was fine, but the PFT sucked! Lots of holding my breath forever and blowing it out. Good times.

Tomorrow I have an Echo and a Stress test scheduled at 8AM and then we can head home. Woo Hoo! I am ready to be home. I miss my babies sooooooo much. I have cried so many times because I miss them so much. I am really looking forward to seeing them tomorrow night.

One of the highlights of this trip, besides the whole "We have a plan to kill this stupid cancer" part, was meeting one of my favorite bloggy friends! I don't have pictures of Angie and I. But she does. We met at the Hard Rock for some food and drinks. It was nice to be able to sit and talk with adults and talk about something other than cancer (of course that subject came up a bit though!).

Thank you Angie, Brandon, and Miss Ellie Grace for a wonderful evening.

6 comments:

Tricia Nugen said...

I've been thinking about you today and I drank a DDP just for you ;). Have a safe trip home!

Lindsay said...

oo don't you hate when they tell you to hold your breath.. I think its a mental game but I always feel like im going to pass out. Yay for meeting bloggy friends! Im sure your babies miss you bunches!

Christy said...

Sounds like you had a good evening. I am glad friend:)

Marsha said...

Just want you to know that your mom is tired. I worked today, couldn't remember which parking garage I parked and had to call security to help me find my car. Came home and took the kids to Target for new "Cars" sheets and twin baby dolls for Ella. Then to Dillon's and then home to fix supper, give baths, then to bed. We had lasagna, salad, and green beans. I couldn't believe how much they both ate. Ella wore some of it too. She's so cute covered in lasagna. Can't wait to see you honey. I'll try to stay awake until you get home. Love, Mom

Jodi said...

I'm so jealous that you met Angie, Brandon and Ellie. They are so dear to me. I am glad you got a chance to relax some today. HUGS!

Matthew Zachary said...

Stupid cancer, indeed! We're rooting for you and are sending good karma your way. Survivors rule!

Matthew Zachary
13-Year Young Adult Survivor
Founder/CEO
I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara