Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm Awake and I'm Sad

So it is 3:15 in the morning and I am wide ass awake.

And I am sad.

We arrive home tomorrow and I may not get to see my babies.

They are both sick. This happened the last time also. I am not very happy. I really wanted to be able to spend some of my Mother's Day with my children but it is looking like they will either have to go to my parents house until they are well or we will have to get a hotel room.

Either way, it sucks and I am pissed. This is totally something that could have been avoided. With good handwashing and use of "rub a rub" (hand sanitizer) this would not have happened.

But, it did, and there is nothing I can do about it now. I am hoping they will both be over it by tomorrow. Ella has had really bad diarrhea and Kyler is currently running a temperature. They both just want their mommy so bad and I want them just as much (if not more)!!

Everyone tells you that you will love your children, but noone warns you just how very much you will love them. Sometimes it's scary the love I feel for them.



13 comments:

amanda said...

I am so sorry Heather. You just can't seem to get a break.
When my mom was undergoing chemo she would wear a doctor's mask when the grandchildren were around. Maybe try that.
I hope you have a good Mother's Day. You are a good mother and you deserve it.

Hope said...

I'm sorry Heather. This breaks my heart. You and your family are in my thoughts today. You're so right about how much love we have for our children.

McMommy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Heather! I declare a Mother's Day do-over! Whatever day everyone is better....THAT'S going to be your official Mother's Day!
xoxo

misskri said...

I am so sorry, Heather. I hope both children are feeling better by the time you get home.

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry they are sick, maybe they will be feeling better . Have a nice Mother's Day anyway ! I'll be thinking of you !

Jen said...

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I hope that the kids are feeling better and that you get to see them really soon.

And I totally agree with McMommy--you definitely deserve a Mother's Day do-over!!

Ellie Grace and Bennett said...

Hi friend,
What a crappy hand to be dealt! I am so sorry you have to go through all of this and I hate that you couldn't spend even a little of your Mother's Day with your babies. You are in my thoughts and I pray that K and E are feeling better soon. We figured out why Ellie was "under the weather"...TWO YEAR MOLARS!!!
xoxo,
Ang

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
I visit your blog occasionally through Lindsay Hoop's blog. I want you to know we have been praying for you. You sound like a strong individual, who will defeat this nasty disease. Keep your faith and spirit strong! Your children are beautiful and you deserve a mother's day, when everyone is well! Our prayers will continue and our chant...."Go Heather" will be constant! =) God bless you and your beautiful family

Heather Wathan

Chris said...

Sorry to hear that. I hope they are feeling better so you can see them soon!

Lindsay said...

ooo sorry to hear they are sick! I hope they get feeling better soon! Prayers!

King of New York Hacks said...

Sending you healing honks from a NYC yellow cab, and some prayers....stay strong !!

Clare said...

i am so sorry that you might not get to see them!! i hope everyone is feeling better and ready for mama soon!

amanda said...

oh friend - so sorry to hear that they are sick!! please tell me you all got to pretend today is mothers day??

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara