Monday, May 25, 2009

My Last Day

Today is my last day this month with my kids and my heart is heavy. I am going to miss them so, so much. Yesterday, I broke the news to Kyler that we would have to leave for Houston and he told me that he was going to get in the car, buckle up, and drive down to Houston to be with me. Break my heart why don't ya!

This week has been wonderful. I have felt good, had some energy, and thoroughly enjoyed my time with the kids. We've played outside, we've gone on wagon rides, we had a playdate with friends, we've grilled out, we've had a picnic, and we've played in the sprinkler. Good times I tell ya!

After this round of chemo I will be halfway done. That's pretty exciting! I know that the cancer is shrinking. I can feel one tumor and it started out the size of a cherry tomato and it is now the size of a large pea. That is encouraging. I am thrilled that the cancer is going away. It's just one hell of a price to pay to be cancer free. And that sucks. But, what other options do I have? None. I plan on being here with my babies for a long, long time.

I appreciate all of your prayers and love. Please remember to mark your calendar for June 2nd. It's the official day that I am halfway done with chemo:) What a fabulous day that will be!

7 comments:

The Hooper Family said...

So glad to know that this chemo is working, and you seem to have better days now than you did with the other stuff.

Just keep thinking that Kyler and Ella won't remember the times you were gone, instead they'll cherish the memories you are making when you are at home!!! Isn't playing in the sprinkler the best (except for the fact your neighbors think you are crazy when you're having just as much fun as your almost 4 year old!!)

Christy said...

I am sorry you have to leave again. That stinks. BUT you're almost halfway through. YAY! You are amazing.

fortyb4forty said...

I cannot imagine how hard it is to leave but I am so excited to hear the chemo is working. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Lindsay said...

oo that Kyler is a mommy's boy! Love it! Will be praying and yay!! June 2nd the halfway mark!

Shana said...

Would love to see you this go-round! I have been out of it this past week or so wth my Grandma passing, so trying to get back in the swing of things....

Wendi said...

I love to hear about shrinking tumors.
Yay!
Don't think about the time you are going to be away from the kids.
Think about ALL the quality time you gave them this week.
Just don't tell my kids what you did...they would be so jealous!;)
June 2nd is just around the corner!!!
((hugs))

*BTW...would you email me your mailing address? I can't find it and I wanted to send you something.

amanda said...

happy and safe travels friend...will be thinking of you this week!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara