Monday, May 18, 2009

Random Randomness

*I have been feeling really good lately. We were able to attend my cousin's graduation party this weekend and I haven't had a nap since Friday!

*My sister, her husband, and their little man, Deegan, came down last week to help. Thank you all so much. Not only were you a huge help, but you helped me realize why two babies is definitely enough for me:)

*We leave for MD Anderson next Monday. I have a PET scan scheduled for Tuesday and hospital admittance scheduled for Wednesday. Please pray that the masses are shrinking and no new masses have shown up.

*As of June 2nd I will be halfway through my chemo treatments. Woo Hoo. I should be done in August. Can you say party time!?

*As a present to myself for kicking cancer's ass I am planning on buying myself something nice (once it is all over that is). I am still deciding between new furniture for upstairs or a new deck out back. The deck will probably win since our furniture is pretty new.

*I still have hair. Luckily, I have not had to put the wigs to use. Please keep praying that I won't lose it all. I sort of like having hair.

*Our church has been bringing us dinner every Monday night. We are very grateful to them. The dinners have helped so much.

*We had to switch Ella to a big girl bed this week:( She was able to crawl out of her crib, open her bedroom door, and join us in the living room when she was supposed to be napping! Silly little monkey!

*Because of that stupid blood clot that I was lucky enough to get, I now have to give myself Lovanox shots for the next 6 months. I am not happy about this. They are expensive and they burn like hell. Cancer and blood clots suck ass.

*I received flowers today. No, not from my hubbie, from my cousin, Debbie and her family. Her card read that I looked fabulous when she saw me this weekend. Someone battling cancer just can't hear that enough! Thank you guys so much.

*Sorry this post sucks. I don't have a ton to say. I am really just enjoying the kids this week and trying to stay positive. I know that I can beat this. I know that I have to beat this.

*Cancer has given me a new perspective on life. So, for that, I am grateful. Enjoy every second, the good, the bad, and the ugly. You never know when your life will be turned upside down. Don't sweat the small things, just be grateful to be here.

16 comments:

throwslikeagirl74 said...

I think "Cancer and blood clots suck ass." is my new favorite phrase. Glad you're feeling good. :)

andreawilliams said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better!!

Lindsay said...

yay for a great weekend. Praying for the PET Scan results to show nothing new and smaller masses that were there! I agree with Throwslikeagirl74.. thats the new cancer catch phrase!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

This is not a sucky post at all. It's wonderful that you feel weel enough to just chat about all that is random.

Sending you good healing thoughts each day.

Hallie

Erin said...

I think that was a great post. I enjoy reading about the random tidbits of your life. Prayers for a great week!

John said...

HORRAY that you are feeling well enough to be back in the game! I hope you keep bouncing back this well and the stupid masses are gone!! I hear wonderful things about MD Anderson... even if you happen to end up with a random sucky nurse. We should send a sign for Cody to put on your door... "This is Heathers room, she is our friend and we expect all entering to wear a smile and remind her she WILL be in the 10% club!!" Signed by all your family, bloggers and friends. Wishing you the best. Amy

Jenn said...

Glad to hear you are feeling well !

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Stay stong and good luck next week. I will be praying for you and your family. Glad you are feeling better too. Jennifer

Melissa said...

I'm glad that you are feeling so good this week and are enjoying the kiddos! I'm also glad that you still have hair and will pray with you that you don't lose it all!

I'm also praying for good results from your PET scan.

Clare said...

beautiful post heather, what a great reminder to us all. you are so strong!!

fortyb4forty said...

I will pray for great results. So glad you are feeling better.
I think you should go for the new deck and another pug...I got my pug while I was going through chemo and a second pug when I finished(they are brothers).

Chris said...

It's wonderful to hear you are having a good week! Hope it continues!

Wendy said...

Love hearing from you. I also love that your hair has not fallen out. How cool! I will be praying.

Patrice said...

I am so so so glad to hear you're doing well!! I will pray you continue to feel great! YAY for being almost done, that's AWESOME! Take that, Cancer!

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather, Cody, Kyler & Ella,

It was so good to see you last Sunday. It was such a nice day, weather-wise and everything. Hope it didn't wear you out too much.

The deck sounds nice---you would enjoy that a lot, I know. Yes, we are all looking forward to August. That will be a nice birthday present for me!!

We have been tree trimming--well, shrub trimming. Some got about as big as trees. I know we let them go too long---if you have ever seen G'pa with a chainsaw when I'm not standing over him with a club, you know how some of them look!!!! Gotta get some 'yard art' to stand in front of them!!

Time to go back out there---I hear the chainsaw!!

Love ya,

G'ma & G'pa

Nancy said...

Prayers and Positive Thoughts for you for next week, I hope to come back and see that you're kicking cancer's ass.

This post did NOT suck! :) I've been wondering how you're doing and feeling and I'm very happy to see you've been feeling good.

Keep Fighting!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara