Thursday, May 21, 2009

We Love To Paint!

One thing that I just don't do enough with the kids is get messy. I don't care for messes and I can't stand my kids being messy or dirty. I am learning to relax (kind of) on this, but it still bothers me when my kids, or oddly enough, other kids, are dirty! I just want to give them a bath immediately.

But, like I said, I am trying to better with this. So, when Kyler chose sidewalk PAINT from the craft section at Target, I hardly even tried to talk him out of it. I mean, come on, I had to try a little bit, but the darn kid wasn't budging, so I sucked it up. Luckily, it rained the first few days so he couldn't use them. However, the rain did eventually stop and he was begging to use the new paints. So, I did what any mom would do in this situation. I gave the paints to Grandma and Grandpa and said go at it. (They handle messes much better than I do!) The kids enjoyed the painting and I was able to keep my sanity. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

Kyler liked the paints, but since he is just like his mama he was a very clean painter!
Ella enjoyed the paints also, and since she is just like her Daddy, the mess is everywhere!


They painted very nicely together. The only time there was fight was when Ella accidently got paint on Kyler's hand! See, just like his mama!

The masterpiece!







9 comments:

Olivia Hope said...

You can make your own sidewalk paint by smashing up sidewalk chalk and mixing it with water. It's not so messy and washes off easily! Cheap, too, b/c you can buy the chalk at the $ store!

Christy said...

Looks like fun!

amanda said...

it's so hard isn't it for us clean mamas to just let go!!

Chris said...

So cute! I love Ella's curls.

Purple Quilter Queen said...

How funny! I am the same way. The less messy and least amount of parts the better. Let Grandma and Grandpa deal with it! Jennifer

The Hooper Family said...

I don't mind letting Lucy do messy stuff b/c it is easy to clean her up...I just hate cleaning up after it...like washing the paint brushes in my clean sink, the paint containers, etc. It is just such a hassle sometimes...and Laney will be like Ella and end up with it in her hair!

Nancy said...

Looks like fun! I haven't heard of that and I bet my boys would love to try that.

Wendy said...

How cute she is with paint in her hair!

Wendi said...

I share your love of "clean" fun.
None of my children share that love.
The messier the better.
But I must say...it makes for great posts and photos!
Too. cute.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara