Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wrapped Up In My Babies

Before we left Grandma and Grandpa Snyder came over to pick up the kiddos. They are keeping them the first part of the week and my folks will take over towards the end of the week.

Grandma walked in carrying a big bag. I didn't think to much of it. Then she told me to look in it. There were a few little things and then I pulled out the quilt. Grandma worked her butt off to make me a quilt with the kids pictures on it for me to take with me when I go to cancer treatments. I was so overwhelmed and happy I cried.

I absolutely love the quilt. It has been on my lap the whole time I have been here and I am constantly looking at the pictures. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I cry. Either way it is so nice to have the kids with me while I am here. They are my strength. Thank you so, so, so much Grandma Snyder. I adore the quilt.




15 comments:

Erin said...

What a beautiful idea! I love it!

throwslikeagirl74 said...

Awesome. What a lovely gift. ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather,
What a nice gift---will be such a great keepsake!

These people---making quilts like this!!! I can hardly do a 9-patch. And THEN---look what color I use. Your Dad will remember!!!

Love,
G'ma

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea! It's so pretty.

Christy said...

WOW! Lovely!

Sally said...

That is SO cool. And what a great thing to have with you during treatment. Awesome!!

erin said...

The quilt is gorgeous!! Go Grandmas (and Grandpas too!)

Chris said...

That is so awesome! You're blessed to have such a great family.

Shana said...

What a wonderful keepsake and treasure to have for years to come! Sweet Grandma you have!!!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

That is just beautiful. Best of luck with your treatments. I'm praying for you and your family! Jennifer

Clare said...

WOW!! that quilt is amazing, such a generous gift of love!! thinking of you...

Cjengo said...

What a beautiful quilt!!!

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Very cool,what a great idea! I am praying that the rest of your treatments go well :)

Julia said...

This is beautiful! What a nice idea. Joel came home and asked me if I had seen Heather's quilt. I had to log on to see. Hope it brings you lots of comfort, Heather. We continue to pray for you all.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Such a special gift!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara