Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow we leave for Houston. My heart is heavy. I have had a great week with the kids. We have hit the zoo, Target, Walmart, the park, the mall, played in the slip n' slide, sprinklers, and pool, grilled out and had lots of picnics. Life has been great. Sometimes it's easy to forget that I have cancer. Except for the whole being exhausted thing! But, seriously, aren't all mommies exhausted? Isn't that just part of the game? If you're one of those moms with tons of energy, don't tell me! I don't wanna hear it!

Sometimes, when my munchkins are asleep I just go into their rooms (ok Ella's room, Kyler won't sleep in his room-still!) but anyway, I just stare at them while they sleep and realize how truly lucky I am to have them in my life. If my cancer would have been discovered earlier, Ella wouldn't be in my life. I can't even imagine that. Yes, it would have been better if I would have caught it earlier, but that is one heck of a price to pay. Can you even imagine not seeing pics of Ella on here?! I can't.

So, for tonight I will hold my babies extra tight and give them extra kisses to make up for missing out on a whole week of lovin'.




Kyler in zoo class.

Last day of zoo class. I told him to smile big and this is what I got! Silly goose!



Ella getting ready to hit the zoo in her "zoo dress." All little girls need one of those right?She loved checking out the penguins!



She is a little upset because Kyler is riding on the bear and she is not. He was a very nice big brother and got up so she could sit on it.



See, all is right in the world now:)


10 comments:

Laural Out Loud said...

I get that same face whenever I tell my daughter to smile, lol.

Ella is an extraordinary gift, especially since you WILL beat this. Can you believe it's been almost a year since this journey started? Only three more treatments to go!

Amos & Jamie Bazil said...

YES!!! All mommies get exhausted!!! This mommy is EXHAUSTED so you are not alone!
Praying for you as you start another round this week!

PS LOVE Ella's dress!! Looking forward to more matching dresses for my girls when all of this is behind you! :)

Jodi said...

I never thought of it that way, but you're right. . .Ella wouldn't be here if it was caught earlier. You also wouldn't have been able to breastfeed her if it had been caught even a little earlier and that was so good for the both of you. Sorry we missed you at the zoo. I'm still not feeling that well, and although I think it's allergies. . .I didn't want to take the chance. Please know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. . .it just isn't fair. Every day, however, you prove how amazing you are!

Hope said...

I'm another exhausted Mommy. I', praying this round is fast so you can get home.

Christy said...

Good luck friend!

Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun! Love the zoo dress!! So special!

Chris said...

That is definitely a cute little zoo dress.

I love that even with all the struggles you are enduring, you are so into your kids. They will never forget that. Next week will be gone soon and you'll be right back with your babes.

Clare said...

sounds like an awesome week with the family! thinking of you!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Good luck this week with your treatment Heather. Those kids will be waiting for you and ready for another week of fun filled activities - just like this past one. Jenn

The Amazing Trips said...

I'm sending my best wishes for your healing. If you happen to be heading to MD Anderson (just a guess?) we have a dear friend there who just received a stem cell transplant and is doing well. She has two little boys back in California who need her, and it is for THEM that she is fighting so hard.

God speed. I'll be praying for you.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara