Wednesday, July 22, 2009

On Our Way

Today we get to head home! Yippee! I am ready to be home. I am ready to see my kids. I am ready to feel sane again! This has been a rough trip. Rough doesn't really explain it. It's just been a different kind of trip. They experimented with different types of meds for my headaches, and let's just say that some of them made me a little fruity!


I had my very, very favorite Dr on rounds this time so that was nice. He is simply wonderful. He knows me very well, and by Sunday he knew I was not myself and ordered for the chemo to be turned off. Which was probably a good idea. I couldn't function. What a weird feeling.


I realize in this post I may have sounded like a bit of a downer. I apologize. I realize that two extra rounds is actually a good thing because it means that the chemo is working and is getting rid of the cancer. I understand that. But, when you get your heart set on only having one more round and you have a vacation with the kids all planned out, it's hard to hear that those things won't be happening. We are still going to try to go in Oct or Nov, hopefully it won't be to chilly. I do believe we will be skipping the outdoor swimming activities:)

Please don't think that I am being negative. Not that I am an overly positive person, because I'm not, I am simply a realistic person. I know that shit happens, I know that shit usually happens to me, but I also know that not ALL the shit happens to me. I have two beautiful children and a wonderful husband to prove that:) See, I'm being realistic:)

Please keep praying that the biochemotherapy hell that I am going through continues to work on this stubborn cancer and that my body continues to handle it so well. Your prayers, thoughts, and well wishes help more than you know.

20 comments:

Erin said...

I just have to laugh, cuz every time you said 'shit', I just inserted 'pish posh' as your mother-in-law would have wanted. LOL!

I'm so glad you're on your way home and get to see your kiddos! Hope you have a great week! Stay strong!

fortyb4forty said...

So glad you get to head home today. You've been in my prayers each morning.
Do not apologize, you sound real when you share your feelings. The ups and downs of the whole process can become infuriating and frustrating.
I am continuing to pray!

amanda said...

safe travels home friend!

ps - you don't have to apologize for your feelings - they are your feelings - and we have truly no clue what you are going through! wishing you a happy week home :)

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Pish - posh! hehe You are kicking cancer's butt! Keep it going! You are allowed to be negative. Cancer sucks and nobody deserves it. But you are dealing with it and doing what you have to do to make sure you are able to raise your two beautiful kids and keep loving your wonderful husband. He's been a real inspiration thru this too. His blog entries have been great. It's nice that he has kept us in the loop. Best of luck always. We're praying for the cancer to go away too and that the meds keep working. Jennifer

Shana said...

You are an inspiration!!!!

Pearls To Hide My Neck said...

You have absolutely no reason to apologize for feeling pissed! While the rest of us go about our day and get mad at the traffic, the heat or someone who hurt our feelings, you are having your life (and your family's) turned topsy turvy. I am continually amazed that you can be so positive and upbeat while going through all that you do. I would be mad if I was away from my kids, my home and all that I love. You are awesome and you, your hubby, children and extended family are in my thoughts daily.

Chris said...

Don't worry at all about being negative. I'd say it comes with the territory!

Hang in there and glad you are seeing your babies soon!

Christy said...

So glad to hear that you are going home to your babies:)

And please don't apologize for sharing your feelings. What the hell do we know about chemo? If you say that two more rounds suck, then two more rounds suck.

The Kitchen said...

Hey Heather - I came across your blog via Shanna's blog.
WOW - you are one strong Momma!!!

I live really close to MDACC (like 2 miles) so please let me know if you come back - I'll bring ya some home cookin'!!

Prayers headed your way!

thetoepfertimes said...

Good to hear you're going home. I'm sure your vacation will be amazing whenever you take it! Hope you have a great week. Keep it up, you're winning!

Texas Gator Girl said...

Came over from The Kitchen to send a prayer your way! Stay strong ! :)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Momma sent me - prayers headed your way!

Shana said...

From a blog reader of mine..you are loved!!

http://thchaos.blogspot.com/2009/07/calling-my-blogger-fam-into-actioin.html

Efen said...

Momma sent me too...My prayers and best thoughts are with you and your family!

My Father was recently diagnosed and 2x per week I take him for his treatments. I certainly understand a positive attitude as it was his strength that gave me mine.

BTW...take Momma up on her offer..I can smell her 'home cookin' from here :)

Loukia said...

My thoughts are prayers are most certainly with you. I hope you make a full recovery. Have a great time with your family!

Jenny Fabulous said...

I came from "The Kitchen's" blog, too. Believe all of us when we say that we all send love and prayers your way. May God Bless you always.

Jen said...

I'm so glad that you get to head home! I hope you having a terrific time with your kids.

You are handling this way better than I would. You are an inspiration. Hang in there and keep fighting!! :)

Evansmom said...

It is great that you are heading home. Enjoy your kids. You have such a positive attitude overall. No one can fault you for a down day or two.

Loni's World said...

Found ya via The Kitchen.. Sending prayers your way. My Dad's cancer replased this month :(

Glad to see you are heading home.

Jenn Ayres said...

Keep up the good work!!! Thinking about you and praying for you often!!!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara