Friday, August 21, 2009

Butterflies, Flowers, and Fish Oh My!

Today I am feeling pretty good. Daddy is home and he needed to get some work done so I decided to take the kids to the park. Probably a mistake, seeing as how it has rained a ton here in KS, but oh well. They wash. We hit the park for about 30 minutes, had a bit of an accident and had to come home and take a bath. Then I decided to take the kids to The Botanica. We had never been before and we are always looking for something new to do. The kids loved it. There was hardly anyone there and there was tons of room for them to run around and chase each other and burn some energy.

I am so glad to be done with chemo and be able to enjoy my kids. We have had a nice week. I hope my kids have enjoyed it as much as I have.
Checking out one of the fountains.





Looking at the gorgeous flowers.

Taking a rest.





Looking at the water and the fish.






Coloring a picture of a butterfly in the Butterfly House.

Stretching really far to touch the water just like Kyler.

Watching Ella stretch really far and hoping that she doesn't fall in!

I got it!


Now, let's see if my sippy cup will float in this fountain. Yep, it does!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Beautiful pictures. I am glad that you are able to enjoy your kids.

Jenn said...

We haven't gone there either , maybe we will check that out too !

Chelle said...

It looks like a really fun place--and I love all of the pictures, too!

I'm so happy you are feeling so great!

Christy said...

Holy guacamole! Your kid look so freaking big. Seriously, when they morph from babies to children?

Tricia Nugen said...

We are sooo going to get together next time we come home! Can't wait! Yay for Derby!

Chris said...

How fun! Both of your babes are getting so big!!

Shana said...

Happy to hear you are feeling good!

Lindsay said...

ooo yay for feeling good! this place sounds like a blast! Those little butterfly stools are cute

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara