Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Thoughts

Lately I have had a lot of time to think.

Don't get me wrong, the kids and I have been busy little bees, but seriously, how much brain power does it take to play cars or babies?

I have been thinking a lot about what is important and what I want to do with my life.

Obviously, first and foremost is my children. I have probably been going over board with them. I have been feeling pretty good so I want to take them places, and do things with them, and buy them things. Believe me though, all this activity during the day is kicking my ass at night. But I don't care. My kids are happy so I am happy.

We are leaving in Sept to head back down to Houston. As much as I want to bring the kids, we have decided not to. I have a lot of scans scheduled and I will need Cody there with me. Plus, 10 hours in a car is a long ride for two little ones. Hopefully, one of the times that we go back down for a check up the kids can join us. Luckily, we will only be there for 3 days. If I can last a week without them, 3 days should be nothing.

I have also decided to start working towards my Master's Degree in Teaching. I started this last summer and then found out I had cancer so that was obviously put on hold. I am hoping to start back up with school in January.

Overall, I have realized that I am blessed. Yes, I have cancer. Yes, I will always worry about it returning. But, my kids are awesome and they are definitely a reason to fight my ass off. So cancer, if you are listening, I am always, always, always, going to kick your ass!

12 comments:

Tricia Nugen said...

Yay! Yay for everything! I'm glad you are doing so well and I can't wait to get together next time I'm in Ta town!

Shana said...

Love your positive attitude!!! Let me know the dates you will be back here. Hopefully its not Liv's b-day weekend so I can come visit!

Lindsay said...

I think this all sounds wonderful! And you are right you are very blessed :-)

Rachel said...

Your positive attitude is very inspiring. Praying for you!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

You said it all! Cancer better watch out!

Heather @ boy, girl, and a pug said...

Dear Heather,

Yes, your life is very important, and we are very proud of you with handling all you have had to do. Kyler and Ella are very special to us, and Cody is VERY special to us. He is taking very good care for you all and we know it is not easy for him, too.

I know this cancer is a very serious thing---and we have all become very aware of it. After all, who knew I needed a stent in my heart---I couldn't tell it!! This is just something we have to watch for.

I had hoped we would get down to see you one day---I've not given up yet!! Seems this is the year for every thing. We are in charge of the Richland dinner (next Sunday)---reservations for our 2-year high school reunion, and best of all (!!!) 3 craft shows--one on Sep. 17, 18, Oct. 2, 3 and one the first Sat. in Nov. (Just think of all the money G'pa is going to make!!! HA!)

Enjoy all these fun things you are doing. I know the kids are having fun, too.

Cody, I really liked the little house in the backyard!! Believe I could live in there!!

Love,

G'ma & G'pa

Laura said...

Such an inspiration!!!! I pray for you each night. I'm so glad that you have been feeling so good. I wish I had some of that energy:-)

Anonymous said...

Heather, Praying for GREAT news in September!! You are an awesome MOMMY!! Love all the photos of your beautiful family...you are such an inspiration, for us all! Life is what you make it and even with what you are dealing with you are showing us all to make the most of everyday... Tara

Clare said...

love your post heather!! i think you are so inspiring, and we all love you!!

Chris said...

Love the attitude! I love the new blog look too!

andreawilliams said...

Congrats on going back to school!! Kick that cancers ass!!

Marsha said...

Love you so much, you are irreplaceable. Give Kyler and Ella a hug for me. Love, Grandma

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara