Thursday, August 6, 2009

New News

Today we met with the Dr and after seeing how upset I was (I started crying!) about having two extra rounds he decided to change some things up.

I am no longer doing the two extra rounds (Yippee!), instead this week will be my last week of chemo and we will come down to Houston in September to have the residual cancer removed surgically.

I would obviously prefer that this round of chemo take care of what ever is left, but that probably won't happen, so I need to be prepared for surgery. At this point it is much better than two more rounds of chemo-trust me. Chemo sucks!

He also changed up the chemo a bit and instead of being on 4 drugs at once I will only have 3 drugs. He dropped the Interleukin-2, which is the nasty one. This means that we will get to head home on Monday instead of Wednesday. I am very happy about that. I already miss these two munchkins:



13 comments:

Chris said...

That's excellent news! Prayers and hugs your way.

Lindsay said...

oo very exciting news!!! wooohooooo!! yay big smile on my face :-)

Christy said...

That is awesome friend! I am glad your doctor considered your feelings and is changing the course of treatment. And YAY for getting to spend more time at home with your babies!

Evansmom said...

Yeah! Great news!

amanda said...

Yay for you!! That is great news. This will all be over soon and hopefully you can get back to just being a mommy soon:) You continue to be in my prayers.

Purple Quilter Queen said...

That's great news! I'll be praying that this last treatment does the trick and the surgery won't be neccessary. Best of luck! Jennifer

The Kitchen said...

That's great news!!!!

It looks like we will miss each other this trip - but I will be here for you and Hubby - please call or e-mail me!

Hang in there! ((((((hugs)))))))

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

That is great news! I'm still praying for you!

The picture of your kids is so sweet and cute!

Melissa said...

YAY! So happy for you Heather! Your battle is almost OVER!!!! :) Praise the Lord!

Your status updates on Facebook are cracking me up today!!! LOL! Sorry you're bored! Sounds like you should do some "blog hopping"!

Take care!!!! Here's a great big hug! {{{HUG}}}

Loukia said...

Great news!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news!!! I am so glad the end is almost here!!! We send our prayers to you and your family! The Spencer's

Hailey said...

What great news!
Still praying in NC!

thetoepfertimes said...

Yeah, that's great news! Sending prayers your way that this round will go quickly you'll be home fast!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara