Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Scoop

For those of you who are not addicted to Facebook (like me!) here is the update:
We are still in Houston. We met with the surgeon on Friday and it was decided that the surgery would take place on Monday since we were here and wouldn't have to make an extra trip.

Two tumors remain. However, they are very, very small. The one that I could feel is now 1 cm wide and the other tumor is even smaller. The tumor on the right side (the one I could feel) they are for sure removing. The tumor on the left side is another story. It is very small and surrounded by fat so the surgeon was not sure she would be able to find it. I have an appt with ultrasound tomorrow morning and if the tech can find it then they will remove it. If they can't find it then they can't remove it. It's a little nerve racking.

When I had my PET scan there was no sugar uptake to that particular tumor which usually means there is no cancer left, it is just tissue. However, melanoma does not always have sugar uptake. Personally, I want it out. Take it all, fat, cancer, whatever, just get it out. I do not want any signs what so ever of cancer.

Please pray that they will be able to find both the tumors and that they can both be removed. Please pray that everything goes as planned tomorrow. Surgery is planned for 11am. Think of us.

16 comments:

Lindsay said...

I will be praying they find both and take all of them out! However, that is very exciting news that they are very small!!!

fortyb4forty said...

I am praying, wish I had wise words to share but know that I prayed for your this morning and will be praying tonight and tomorrow.

Laura said...

Praying like crazy. How exciting to be getting this done now and not down the road like you had expected. Keep us posted when you are feeling up to it.

Shana said...

Got your text. Will be praying for you!!!

amanda said...

sending prayers...

thetoepfertimes said...

Here's to finding and getting rid of both!!

Jenn said...

I'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear how things went . You guys are in my thoughts !

Amos & Jamie Bazil said...

So excited that they are so small!! Praying that they will get them both and send you home tumor free! Will be thinking of you at 11!!!

Erin said...

Praying...praying...Get rid of those things!!!!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Thinking of you Heather and your whole family. So good to hear that they are both so small. Hope they get them both out successfully! Best of luck. We are all praying for you.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I am praying for you Heather!

Clare said...

praying for you!!

McMommy said...

Prayers!!

Evansmom said...

Thinking of you and wishing you the best in your surgery.

23 Weekers said...

Praying that all goes well. I can't imagine that there is even an ounce of fat on you!

Thinking of you and your family.

Shanon

Chris said...

Praying for you and that they can take it ALL out!!!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara