Friday, October 9, 2009

Random Randomness

*My little man turns 4 in less than a month. I am a little sad. He is so grown up. Don't worry, he still wants and needs his mama, but he doesn't cry any more when I leave:( This makes me happy and sad. At least I still get tears from Ella!

*I let Kyler choose his birthday party theme this year. He chose Spiderman. He also chose that as his Halloween costume. Uggg. I hate spiders! This kid is trying to kill me!

*I decided on a Halloween costume for Ella. Instead of buying one for her, I decided to make it. She is going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. It was cheap and easy and I think she will look adorable:)

*I have been feeling pretty normal lately. It's nice.

*Some of the side effects of chemo that most people aren't aware of are tingly feet and nerve damage. Lucky for me, I have both. My feet are always numb and I have no feeling in my toes anymore. It's a little odd. I also have major leg pain at night if I have been up and walking around a lot that day. In other words, a day at the zoo=major leg pain at night. Luckily, I have oxycodone to take all that pain away:)

*We head back to Houston in the middle of November for more scans and an appt with the Dr. I am anxious to see if that remaining spot has grown or stayed the same. Please pray that it has not grown and continues to show no activity.

*One of my internet besties is getting ready for the IVF process. Please say a little prayer for her and her family. They have been through so much. I just really want this to work out for them. However, if it doesn't, we have a back up...can you say cruise to the Bahamas:)
Me, Angie and Ellie on our last trip to Houston

*That's right, for Cody's birthday in September I got him a cruise to the Bahamas. Aunt A and her husband are going with us too. We don't leave until March so that gives us plenty of time with the monkeys before we leave (and to save up!). We are stoked!

*Since I have been feeling pretty good, I have spent a lot of time sewing clothes for Miss Ella. I have made her some fabulous little pants and tutus. It has been so nice to get back in there and sew.
Ella in some of the pants that mommy made her.

*Kyler started Preschool last month and has done amazingly well. I am so very proud of him.

*Ella has been attending Mom's Day Out at our church on Tuesdays. Once mommy is out of sight she seems to do very well. And, they will let us use her cloth diapers! Yippee! On the down side, she is constantly getting sick. I am struggling with what to do. I hate to pull her out because I love the program and this is the only time she gets to socialize. However, I also can't have her sick all the time and risk giving it to me. Esp, with the H1N1 going around.

*In a couple of weeks we are leaving for Branson. We are going to hit Silver Dollar City, Dixie Stampede, and the Titanic Museum. I hope the kids enjoy our little family get away and that my legs don't put me in to much pain.




6 comments:

Ellie Grace and Bennett said...

love you!!! And thank you for all of the prayers! I already prepped B for the cruise if all else fails. :) However, I will have to get on a serious weight loss plan before then!!!!

Chelle said...

So glad you're feeling better! And I had no idea about the nerve damage and tingly-ness and pain. Will it get better eventually?

Have fun in Branson!! I am sooo jealous you are going to SDC! Eat some cinnamon bread, k?

Praying for good results at your Nov appointment. Lots and lots of prayers.

I'll be praying for your internet bestie, too! Loads of prayers coming her way...

Can't wait to see the costumes--esp the one you made! You're so crafty--you put me to shame :)

Hailey said...

You look great!
Glad things are going well.
Continued prayers in NC!

Shana said...

Sorry to hear about the feet and leg pain! The two trips sound like so miuch fun and a nice distraction =) Hope I get to see you in November! Its been too long!

Heather's Hacienda said...

Spiderman partys are so fun! My son just turned six and that was his theme also. You can check out my blog for ideas if you want. www. heathershacienda.com. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat normal. Prayers are working!!! Yay!

throwslikeagirl74 said...

So sorry about the neuropathy. I also suffer from that post chemo. (And I have a just turned 4 boy who has a thing for superheroes. :) ) If you're not already taking some, you might ask your oncologist about Vitamin B. I think I took B complex, but I'm pretty sure there's a vitamin that's specially formulated for neuropathy. I was also on gabapentin during treament and that helped some. Anyway, much empathy on the leg pain and the growing babies. My 4 year old is my youngest and it just doesn't seem possible that he's so big. :) Have a good time on your trip!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara