Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What Would U Do?

I should have known they were up to something. I should have known. They were quiet with a giggle here and there. But, I was busy. I was on facebook, umm, I mean cleaning the kitchen and I just didn't check on them in time.

Here is what I found when I did check on them...


Marker on the face and hands.... And for the record, he is only crying being I told him he had to go to the naughty mat!


Markers on my pillowcase and sheets.

Markers on the feet.


Markers all over her face!



More markers on the sheets. Marker was also all over my comforter.

When I walked into my room I pretty much dropped everything, and said, "Oh pish posh." Only pish posh may not be exactly what I said. I didn't know what to do.
Do I spank them?
Do I laugh?
Do I put them on the naughty mat?
Do I throw them in the tub?
Where do I even start?!!
And, of course, Daddy is out of town all week so I am on my own. ALL. WEEK. LONG! Uggg!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
as always things like this happen when Cody is out of town. Now you have to ask yourself what is Cody telling the children before he leaves.

Joe Sande

B and E's Mommy said...

OMG!!! Well, I am laughing hysterically, but if I were you there would be some serious time on the naughty mat and no more markers for a very long time!!! It's a shame that it is too early for a glass of wine! :) xoxo

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Let me try and tell you what I would do in between my hysterical laughter!

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

Naughty Mat for sure, did they happen to be washable markers?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

OMG....this is a great visual memory for when they are older. LOL

Clare said...

hopefully you will look back and laugh about this, the pictures are priceless!

Chelle said...

Lmao!! Their faces are priceless! And I love that you took pictures to document it all...haha!

But I am sorry they did it while Cody is out of town...why do things like this happen when our husbands are away?!

Lindsay said...

oo man thats the worst.. Sammy wrote on my Amish made oak table w/ a permanent marker. He got a spanking and time out. Its tough.. its tough to be consistent and kind and motherly. I hope you got them all cleaned up!

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

I have been there more times than I care to admit and it is so frustrating at the time. I will tell however that you will laugh in a few years and you will cherish those pictures!!!! And for the record I think this stuff only happens when husbands are gone...why is that???

Chris said...

That is way too funny! I would be mad at first, I'm sure. Then I'd probably laugh... what else can you do? :)

Jen said...

Oh geez! This is pretty funny. I'm sure it wasn't at the time but in a few months (and definitely years) you will crack up at these pictures.

With that said, I'm sure I would have lost it. I would have screamed at them and put them in time-out. Is that best way to handle it--probably not, but moms are only human and we can only take so much.

From a calm, cool, outsiders perspective, here is what I would have hoped that I would do:

I would probably involve them in the cleanup process and then take the markers away indefinitely. That seems like the natural/logical consequence.

Shana said...

Pretty sure more than pish posh would have been coming out of my mouth as well!!!! Olivia colored on my wall a few weeks ago and the other day and Jacob colored inside my CAR with a crayon! AHHHHHH

Me said...

Keep those sheets so you can give them back to them as a Christmas gift when they have children.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara