Monday, November 9, 2009

A Day of FUN!

For Kyler's birthday I really wanted to make it a fun day. A day that all of us would remember. So, I let Kyler plan the day. He got to pick the whole day, and we pretty much did everything that he wanted to do. It was a fabulous day!



The big day started with a trip to the zoo. The weather was beautiful. We were able to see almost all of the animals and spent about 2 hours just enjoying each other.
Ella had to bring a blankie and a baby to the zoo!

A little picture break



My Birthday Boy!

Hangin' with the Gorillas

Isn't he a cutie!


After the zoo we hit up an awesome park that was nearby. The kids love, love, love playing there.

I have no idea why he felt the need to stick out his tongue!







After the zoo, Kyler and I went to see "A Christmas Carol." (Ella went home with Daddy to take a much needed nap!) Not quite sure it was appropriate for little ones, it was a little scary, but he seemed to be ok with it.


After all that fun, he chose to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. Then we came home to open presents. He even wore his Birthday Boy crown from Preschool!


Ella even got a little present for Kyler's birthday! I do this for both of their birthdays. They each get one present on the other kids birthday. This way I don't take the focus off the birthday kid, but the other still knows that they are special.


The next day we got busy working on his birthday cake. I am not a baker or a cook. Quite honestly, I don't mind baking, but I am not very good at it! I am learning and getting better, at least good enough to make birthday cakes for the kids birthday parties. Cakes get kind of expensive!


At his birthday party the weather was perfect, so we brought all the presents outside to open.

Ella and Deegan really enjoyed Kyler's new scooter!


Kyler, Ella, and Julianna singing Happy Birthday and blowing out his Spiderman candle.
Huge Thank You's to everyone that was able to help us celebrate Kyler's big day.
Thank you all so much!

8 comments:

Clare said...

love the birthday party, and the cake looks great! i also love the idea of picking what they want to do for the day, very fun!

Jodi said...

Your spiderman cake turned out great!! It sounds like he had a wonderful birthday. . .he is such a sweetheart! I had an awesome time today and I know Olivia did too. Can't wait to do it again!

Lindsay said...

oo so much fun! Kyler picked such fun activities! the cake is great way to go :-)

Chris said...

Wow! Looks like you had a tremendous day! I bet Kyler loved getting to pick out everything.

Chelle said...

Oh, honey, his birthday was awesome! Can I come to your house for my birthday? Lol!

And your cake is amazing!!! Seriously! You are so creative and great at everything you do!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

It looks like Kyler had an amazing Birthday! I bet he really enjoyed getting to pick the activities for the day! The cake you made looks amazing! I think you are a much better baker than you let on to!

Christy said...

I have been wanting to take the kids to the zoo before it gets too cold. I need to get on that.

And your cake looks great!

Shana said...

Looks like he had a wonderful birthday!!!!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara