Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Here We Go Again

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I leave for MD Anderson yet again. I have mixed feelings, I don't want to leave the kids. But, then again, I never want to leave them!

I am anxious to see the results of the scans that I will be having on Thursday. I am anxious to see if the one little bitty spot of cancer that remained is still showing up as inactive. Please pray for good test results.

After everything I have been through, I have really been trying to remember what is important in my life and what I am grateful for. I am grateful for things that most people take for granted.

One night, while watching Yo Gabba Gabba and drinking a glass of wine (because, let's face it, when you watch that show you have to drink!) I came to a realization, if it weren't for cancer, I would have the perfect life. I have a great husband, awesome kids, and wonderful family and friends. My life would be ideal. Sure, we struggle with things, but they are all minor in comparision to the big picture. I know that most of you reading are not dealing with cancer, but try to remember how much worse it could be. I think of that every single day. I am in the fight for my life, but guess what, I am winning! And that, my friends, is a wonderful feeling!

7 comments:

Chelle said...

Girl, you so made me cry. Such a heartfelt post. And I can understand what you mean...sometimes we just get caught up in what isn't that important when you think of the things that mean the most. I'm praying for you. And I know everything is going to be great!!

{{hugs}}, ♥ and prayers

Lindsay said...

Praying for you today Heather! I can't imagine being in the battle with cancer.. but I am sure it changes your perspective on whats important. I will hug Sammy a little closer today :-)

Christy said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way:)

Heather said...

You could not have said it any better!! Will be thinking about you and sending good wishes your way. Maybe a new perspective for all of us is the silver lining to this awful journey you're on...travel safe and keep fighting--you ARE winning!!!

Clare said...

i hope that all of the scans come back clear!! what a wonderful post, a great reminder to all of us:0 thinking of you!!

Jenny said...

Heather...lots of good thoughts and prayers coming your way. You are so right...the things surrounding you, like your family are the best gifts that should not be taken for granted.
Good luck!
I know what you mean about Yo Gabba Gabba...what do they see in it?

Hope said...

Praying, praying, praying....

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara