Monday, November 16, 2009

Topsy Turvy

In light of recent Dr appts I am more determined than ever to give my babies lasting memories. Something that I have dying to do with them is take them to DisneyWorld. We were going to do this in October, but we decided that, financially, Branson would be the better option. Now, I sort of regret that. Not because we didn't have fun, we had a blast, we went as a family, so of course we had fun:) But now I also want to take them to Disneyworld! Ugh! Sometimes I am so indecisive!

So, because my new found mission is to take my kiddos to Disneyworld I have been busy researching the tons and tons of options available out there. And, I must admit, my brain is in overload!

There is so much out there. I don't even know where to start! We still haven't decided on dates.

So much is up in the air right now. I know in December I will have at least two surgeries. One to remove the remaining tumor and one to get my tubes tied. We debated going the last week in December, but holy smokes is that expensive! I was thinking it would be cheaper because Ella would still be free on the flight. Not so!

Then we will head back to Houston in January for more scans.

In March, Cody and I are taking a cruise to the Bahamas, plus we will return to Houston for more scans.

And in May we will return to Houston for more scans.

The way it looks, February or April will be the best times to go.

However, there is always that "What If." What if more cancer shows up on the scans in January? I will probably be starting chemo soon after that. What if it shows up in March? I will probably be starting chemo soon after that. Most people don't have to worry about these types of things when they plan a family vacation. Unfortunately, this is now a fact of life for us. This is our new lifestyle. And let me tell you, this new lifestyle is totally for the birds!

Unfortunately, I think the planning will have to be "last minute." And if you know me, this totally freaks me out. I am the person that already has Christmas shopping done and the presents "wrapped." (I actually made cloth bags for all of the presents!) I just like to plan in advance, however because of stupid cancer I can't really do that anymore. Just one more way that cancer is totally f*cking with me! Thanks cancer:(

Quite honestly, I am not a big travel person. I enjoy just hanging out at home. I am a bit of a homebody and I like it like that! However, there are so many things that I want to do. So many memories that I want to build. Not just for my children, but for my husband also.

So, if you don't hear from me for awhile it's because I am busy researching the perfect Disney trip for my wonderful family! Any helpful tips (great hotels, where to go, what to do, etc) would be appreciated!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

My friend Angie is a Disney travel agent. Her blog is Little Worth-while Moments under Friends Blogs. She would be able to hook you up with great deals. And, if you go to Disneyland, you can stop by and see Joel and Laura in CA. LOL

Joanna said...

I've followed your blog for awhile now (found it through House of Hooper) and I keep you in my prayers. I wish you luck with your research (wish I could offer advice) and I also wish you MANY Disney trips with your family in the years to come!

blueviolet said...

Why don't you go ahead and book your dream Disney vacation and purchase trip cancellation insurance along with it?

We had to cancel a Hawaii trip a couple of years ago due to a medical emergency and we got everything back but our deductible.

It's a thought!

Becks said...

Heather, I just wanna say that you are awesome!! Really,really awesome!

You are such a great mom to your sweet kids! Truly an inspiraton!

I know you will get to take that trip with your family. It will be so much fun!!

Also, thanks for the idea of making cloth bags for the Christmas gifts! Great idea...i may just have to borrow that idea for our Christmas too :)

Mountain Mama said...

I found you at Niki's and had to come for a visit.
Just want you to know that you are in my prayers for a total healing.
Sorry I can't advise you about Disneyland. I was only there for a day.
God bless

Lindsay said...

OOO Disney World will be so much fun! No real tips here but I love that your planning to go there. The kids will have a blast!

Marsha said...

She forgot to mention that she wants her mother to come along with them. But I'm not offended and know she wants me there.

Wendy said...

Well, if you are wondering when is a good time to go because of low crowds then I can help you out with that answer. My husband used to live down there and said that all the Disney workers told him that Super Bowl Sunday is the BEST day to go because no one is there. That is usually the first Sunday in February. SHould be nice weather too. I hope it all works out whenever you go. Still praying for you!!!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara