Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009- Our Year In Review

2009 has been an interesting year in our house. Here is a recap of our year, the highlights and the not so highlights.



January 2009- Ella Grace turned one year old. Kyler was officially potty trained. I was in my 5th month of Interferon treatments at our local Cancer Center. I noticed a spot on my back. Ella tripped and split her chin open.



February 2009- 6 months on Interferon.



March 2009- I noticed two m0re spots on my chest. Dermatologist took them off after hours on a Thursday. Results came in on Tuesday. All three spots were positive for Melanoma. Met with my local oncologist and he recommended I seek treatment elsewhere. Made appt with MD Anderson.



April 2009- Celebrated Easter at our house with the whole family. Initial appt at MD Anderson. Set up a plan of attack. Began first round of chemo at MD Anderson. PICC line was placed in right side of chest. Developed blood clot in my right arm from PICC line. PICC line was removed. Started Lovanox shots twice a day for the next 6 months.

May 2009- Church began bringing us dinner every Monday. Attended Graduation party for cousin. New PICC line was placed in my left arm. 2nd and 3rd rounds of chemo. I turned 31. Cody and I celebrated 6 years of marriage.

June 2009- Kyler attended zoo class for one week. Daddy left for a week for a work trip. 4th round of chemo.

July 2009- 5th round of chemo, diagnosed 1 year, Ella attended her first zoo class

August 2009- 6th and last round of chemo-August 10th 2009. One year anniversary of chemo-August 11th, 2009;

September 2009- Returned to MD Anderson for consult with surgeon, had first surgery to remove tumor, Kyler attended first day of Preschool, Ella and Kyler attended first day of Mom's Day Out at church, Ella and Kyler started gymnastics, Kyler started WOW at church, Deegan turned one, Cody celebrated his 28th birthday

October 2009- Ella continued gymnastics, Kyler started swimming lessons, family vacation to Branson, Parent Teacher conferences at Kyler's school

November 2009-Kyler turned 4, follow up appt at MDA, 2nd tumor was found and a surgery was scheduled, celebrated Thanksgiving with my family and Cody's parents

December 2009- surgery to remove second tumor, incision became infected, bedrest to recover, Ella started potty training, celebrated Christmas with Cody's parents, celebrated Christmas with my family, had surgery to get tubes tied, ended the year CANCER FREE!!!


Whew, what a tough year! Bring it on 2010!

6 comments:

Evansmom said...

I hope that 2010 is happy and healthy for you. You certainly deserve it!

Me said...

CANCER FREE! That sounds like a great way to wrap it all up!

Cindy said...

Wow...what a journey. I love that you are starting 2010 cancer-free!!! I hope this year is happy and healthy for you!

Chris said...

Happy New Year! Here's to a wonderful 2010!

Jenny said...

2010 here you come...healthy and happy!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Hope 2010 is sooo much better for you!

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara