Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Early, Early AM

The stupid surgery is scheduled for first thing tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. I have to get up at the crack of dawn, however, I am her first surgery of the day so hopefully that means there will be less wait. The surgeon is fabulous and I have complete confidence in her. I am just so sick of being cut in to. It's just getting old. Please pray that this will be the last surgery for a long, long time.

Today, as I was waiting for an appt, or labs, or something, I had a very kind older lady tell me how pretty I am. It totally made my day. That is the great part about being at MD Anderson. Everyone here knows what it is like to have cancer or have someone you love dearly battle cancer. Even though everyone's story is a bit different, it's still the same. Everyone here is a fighter. Everyone here knows what it is like to have to worry about dying. Everyone here knows how precious life is.

10 comments:

23 Weekers said...

You are a very pretty girl!

Wanted to pass along a great place to stay if you're going to Orlando...

Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive

Check it out. We stayed here and loved it. It's a resort with water activities, food and the works. It's just a few miles from the Disney park. We have a big family, so it was definately cheaper for us to stay here.

Patrice said...

Praying that all goes well & that this is your last surgery for a long, long time! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

janell said...

Wishing you the best on your surgery... hoping it is the last and that you can enjoy a long, healthy life!

Chelle said...

Praying for you and your surgery--and that you will not have any more for a LONG LONG time!

Oh--and you ARE beautiful! I've always thought that :)

Love ya, honey. Praying hard for you. xoxo

Lindsay said...

praying right now (Wednesday morning)!

Me said...

Dear God -

Please watch over Heather. Wrap your arms around her and keep her safe from this awful, awful monster. Guide her into healing and health forever and ever.

Amen.

JennyMac said...

Hope everything went well today!

Kari J said...

Praying that all went well today - You are such a pretty girl, I hope that everyone who sees you tells you this!

Chris said...

Praying that everything goes well tomorrow and it's the last one for a long time!

Anonymous said...

Dear "Miss America" Heather,
Or I guess it should be "Mrs. America"!! We have always said you could win tTHAT contest, too---just like you are winning THIS one! We have all the faith in the world that things are going to get better---you and Cody are seeing to that.

We had such a nice day on Thanksgiving, didn't we? I' glad the weather was as nice as it was.

I am working on Xmas---have Ella's blanket done (believe me, this will be not a fancy one! As I told Lorrie when I made her one---it will be an 'outdoor throw' to play on the ground!! Deegan will be getting his denim one like Kyler's!

Our best to you and will be glad when you are home--

Love,

G'ma &
G'pa

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara